Print 

Author Topic: CE scrim??? for everyone  (Read 2491 times)

Offline Firêfôx°

• Regular Poster
  • Foxes are my friends but mastercheifs aren't
    • I am spying on you :)
CE scrim??? for everyone
« on: March 15, 2010, 12:46:29 PM »
I am wondering if we can do a ce scrim for everyone including BFM_, bfm_ , PRs, and guests. We can use xfire chat has a team chat or another chat program. Please post if you have any suggestions

Thanks to BFM_MrT©

thanks to BigmanJT

thank you terra for the amazing userbar

Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.
☻/ This is bob, copy paste him on
/▌ every comment you see so he can
/ \ take over Facebook. You've been Bobbed
__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ this is bobs house... ... ...

I have xfire, if anyone wants to know it please feel free to PM me.

Offline BFM_ColWlkr

• BFM Admin
Re: CE scrim??? for everyone
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 01:06:16 PM »
One of the reasons our Ventrilo server is open only to BFMs and guests who have earned the spot through recruitment is that we have had the chance to monitor them and get to know them and their character enough to be able to determine if they could follow our etiquette. :)  There have been times when this was still not enough and someone may have to be removed, which is easy to do on Vent.  However, setting up a scrim through Xfire voice (with people we have not had the chance to vet yet), it is not as easy to do, and as such if anything were to happen, it would affect everyone involved in the scrim, and that is a chance that is too great to take.

The other thing that I can see is that if we were to open it up to all guests as well, we would get way more people than we could fit into the server or even have the chance to sub in.  On our normal scrims, sometimes we have enough people to where we will have to sub people out between maps, or occasionally we may have enough for 2 scrims and we would lock down another server.  That is not possible here, as we have only one CE server.

So to wrap it up, we understand that people want to participate.  We all want to have fun, and scrims are a lot of fun :D.  But it just is not possible to do what you are proposing.

However, I do plan in the near future to be setting up dates and times for people to gather in the CE server so we can at least all participate that way :D

Thank you!

Offline Firêfôx°

• Regular Poster
  • Foxes are my friends but mastercheifs aren't
    • I am spying on you :)
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 02:48:29 PM »
when you decided the dates, so that everyone can join please tell me :)

Thanks to BFM_MrT©

thanks to BigmanJT

thank you terra for the amazing userbar

Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.
☻/ This is bob, copy paste him on
/▌ every comment you see so he can
/ \ take over Facebook. You've been Bobbed
__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ this is bobs house... ... ...

I have xfire, if anyone wants to know it please feel free to PM me.

Offline Lucky

• Posts Too Much
  • Just do what makes you happy. JKLOL
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 04:57:50 PM »
I'm pretty sure we've had guests without vent trying to set up scrims for everyone, and I'm pretty sure we've already shot it down multiple times.   :P

Print