Print 

Author Topic: CoD4 Weapon "Etiquette"  (Read 2646 times)

Offline Danger

• Junior Poster
CoD4 Weapon "Etiquette"
« on: March 23, 2010, 08:21:01 AM »
     I have a question about some of the weapons, mainly explosives, in CoD4.  I know that rules are still being tested and ironed out, but recently I was warned about using C4 as a grenade like weapon, instead of covering bombs.  Then last night, C4 was becoming the weapon of choice for a couple BFMs, whom I won't name publicly, in much the same manner I was warned for recently.

And there have been other times where I am knifed, and see on the killcam that they stood there for a few seconds, then when I turned around they finally knife me in the face.  Now, I do know I do knife myself a bit, but mostly only when missing a close shot with a sniper, or in a group of enemies and needing to reload such as when near the hallway closest to B bomb last night. 

And if I may input a personal opinion about claymores, they can help reduce knifing in cases like what I described has happened to me recently, because if I had had a couple claymores, I could have planted one defensively near me as a warning trigger or perhaps kill them, and after awhile people would have to start being more aware of them instead of running around knifing people without care.

Just a couple thoughts and questions.  :)

~DaNGeR a.k.a. Danger Close

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
Re: CoD4 Weapon "Etiquette"
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 11:52:03 AM »

As far as I know, we don't have an official rule against using C4 as a grenade. I know who asked you (or at least one person who asked) to not use C4 as a nade and it would be best to PM him and get his take on it - a chat log isn't the same as being there. While we don't have a rule on it, it may have seemed like you were doing it needlessly (using C4 as a nade would have its advantages in some cases, but I can see people putting on a show with it). If needless C4 nading isn't the case, that's all the more reason to get with the admin.

On knives, we simply ask that players don't stalk others with the intention of knifing when they could have shot 10 seconds before. Your description here of what happened is why we have the rule in place. It's someone "putting on a show" and more or less rubbing in that the other player isn't as good. There's nothing inherently wrong with the knives, it's the frivolous use of them we don't want to see. If you've been holding yourself back with the knife, you can ease up a little, and just be sure you're not "humiliating" (quote from the pre-map Intel) people with it.

Claymores certainly have their tactical advantages, but we're still focusing on getting everyone used to looking for and defending against real players. In time, we'll move onto the little killing devices players leave behind.

The main thing we want to discourage in our COD4 server is the more experienced people taking advantage of the less experienced, and we have a lot of less experienced people. It's one thing to be killed, it's another to be killed by someone messing around. It's no fun. We welcome skill in the server as long as everyone's being a good sport, both the skilled players and the newer ones.

I take more of a sink-or-swim stance on learning the game, while BFM as a whole is going with a gradual learning process. Other officers may have something totally different to say, though we all support the "good sport" aspect of it. Good sportsmanship includes "weapon etiquette" as well as comments and behavior in the servers, which may go hand in hand.

Thanks for sticking with us Danger while we figure it all out.

Offline Danger

• Junior Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 12:15:10 PM »
Thanks for the response, JANE.  That does clear up most of the things I have been wondering about.  :)

Oh one more thing... Is there a way to set a limit on how many medals one person has?  I don't feel right having this many...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 12:24:49 PM by DaNGeR »

Offline ((Kàkà§hì))

• Posts Too Much
  • か か し !!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 03:28:11 PM »
Stop being awesome

THANKS  SLAYTON  FOR  THE  A W E S O M E  SIG!!!
http://ninjamouse.com - http://ninjamouse.com/images/Kakashi_sig24.jpg

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 04:44:26 PM »

If you are feeling superior, this might help:

yankees > red sox   :P

Offline Danger

• Junior Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 04:47:49 PM »
Lol I'm not feeling superior, I think it's a time thing.  I've been in the server more than anyone else. That's all.

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 05:58:58 PM »

Had to get a red sox dig in there lol.

Yeah the only way not to get medals is stop being better than us!  Fire from the hip and use the worst possible weapon.

Offline Danger

• Junior Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 07:01:33 PM »
>>For YanKeewee<<

lol this is getting off topic.. So, using C4 as a weapon and not just bomb cover IS allowed?

Offline BFM_Elvis

• Leader
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 02:36:45 AM »
Not surprised this is coming up. I too have seen this being used as a grenade. I talked to a few on vent. I even said tonight we are going down that road again? For some reason playing the night before last  some BFM started using it as a grenade. Then others started to follow. That ISNT ALLOWED PERIOD! I will make this clear on vent next time I get to talk with these people. It is used as a bomb cover as you suggested or planted in a place to protect themselves etc. It was being used as a grenade by BFMs in our on servers. I can only apologize to you for that. It was wrong and will stop now!. A while back we ruled on this but sadly some others have decided to go down this road. We will fix this. Sorry you had to deal with this issue. If you have any more problems from this in the future please PM ME. Let me know the BFM and when. I promise to fix this.

Offline Danger

• Junior Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 11:54:50 AM »
Thanks for clarifying.  :)

Offline Danger

• Junior Poster
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 05:56:58 PM »
And to clarify one more thing if I may, I wasn't saying I was "superior" to anyone else.  I was trying to say the only reason I'm getting them is because of time played, if you look on the stats, I'm pretty sure it says I've played a full day longer than the next closest person.  I was just trying to say that I think it'd be good if there was a limit to one or two medals per person as to open it up for more people, like if one player was the best driver, gunner, mvp, most improved, or just leading in every award category, you don't generally award one person all the medals, you split up the awards so that more people can enjoy them, and it prevents one player from looking "superior."  I'll be the first to tell you I am NOT the best cod4 player out there, I'm really just average in my opinion. I can name plenty of BFMs and BFM guests that are MUCH better than me such as Jay, Rypto, marine, Edison, Bleach, Exodus, and the list goes on and on, and the only reason they don't have the medals I have is like I said before, the amount of time played. 

Offline ((Kàkà§hì))

• Posts Too Much
  • か か し !!
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 08:34:27 PM »
And to clarify one more thing if I may, I wasn't saying I was "superior" to anyone else.  I was trying to say the only reason I'm getting them is because of time played, if you look on the stats, I'm pretty sure it says I've played a full day longer than the next closest person.  I was just trying to say that I think it'd be good if there was a limit to one or two medals per person as to open it up for more people, like if one player was the best driver, gunner, mvp, most improved, or just leading in every award category, you don't generally award one person all the medals, you split up the awards so that more people can enjoy them, and it prevents one player from looking "superior."  I'll be the first to tell you I am NOT the best cod4 player out there, I'm really just average in my opinion. I can name plenty of BFMs and BFM guests that are MUCH better than me such as Jay, Rypto, marine, Edison, Bleach, Exodus, and the list goes on and on, and the only reason they don't have the medals I have is like I said before, the amount of time played. 

How hard would you like to make things for me???? :P

Yes... you have spent a lot of time in the servers and we are happy you do. As far as I'm concerned you earned them, and you will keep them...at least until the start of the next month. The medals are there as a reward for our members and/or guests who have taken the time to BE in the server and thus make the server more fun to BE in. You are there often and whether or not you think you deserve them you ARE the current winner as it should be.

...and don't forget. You also hold the "Most Deaths" and "Nade Magnet" awards, so that should help you with the guilt a bit ;D

THANKS  SLAYTON  FOR  THE  A W E S O M E  SIG!!!
http://ninjamouse.com - http://ninjamouse.com/images/Kakashi_sig24.jpg

Offline Danger

• Junior Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2010, 10:48:10 PM »
And now most Car Bombed!!!  ;D

Print