Print 

Author Topic: New Rotation or newer Rotation?  (Read 5064 times)

Offline BFM_Elvis

• Leader
New Rotation or newer Rotation?
« on: March 29, 2010, 10:08:56 PM »
We will only add one game type at a time. I have heard many not really happy with Headquarters. The maps are normally lopsided due to the spawns according to the people I talked with. I asked well what is a better map type. The people tonight said Sabotage is better than Headquarters. I told them I would put up a pole. I have never played Sabotage. I have just recently played Headquarters. Headquarters I could take it or leave it. Im Ok playing it every 4th map but probably wouldnt miss it either. Now I might feel the same way about Sabotage once I get the chance to play it. I just dont know since I havent been able to try it out yet. So what do you think?

We cannot have both. Its either or. We either keep Headquarters for now or we drop it for Sabotage for now. Its up to you. Have your say with your votes and feel free to post your opinions. Just please dont post in my opinion we should have both etc. That isnt an option right now. It might be in the future.

Offline Danger

• Junior Poster
Re: New Rotation or newer Rotation?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 10:47:16 PM »
The spawning system isn't really all that good for Headquarters which kind of ruins it for me, and its easy to get sidetracked from the objective.  I voted for Sabotage because I think it would be a good idea to try something new.

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 10:51:54 PM »

I don't think Sabotage should be a real gametype, it's ridiculous. It's all right for some good crazy fun now and then, but I wouldn't want to see it more than once a week. I like Headquarters, but I think the objective does throw people off. Still voted for it. :P

Offline Infërnö

• Regular Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 11:50:08 PM »
keep headquarters, cos all i remember from sabotage is when you've planted a bomb, and you've died, you get spawned away from it, thus letting them defuse it, and you've already got search and destroy, which is sabotage without respawning.

wouldn't mind seeing some Domination though?

Offline BFM_SWiFT

• BFM Admin
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 01:38:49 AM »
Neither here nor there for me. I voted keep HQ.

wouldn't mind seeing some Domination though?

This.

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 02:04:13 AM »

I agree with Jane that Sabotage is insane, a lot of fun once in a while, but every 3-4 maps I wouldn't like it.

Domination maybe.  I voted HQ because I think we just need to adapt to that game type.  We still have a lot of people outside camping and spamming nades and getting a ton of kills, but not trying to capture the HQ.  It's like adjusting between slayer and race, people need to switch gears and use different strategy.

We might ought to review which maps we've got HQ (or Sabotage or whatever) on.  If the spawns are terrible on one map, do HQ on a different map. 

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 07:18:15 AM »
Keep headquarters for now.  I agree with kiwi that we should try different maps for headquarters.  I really like the concept, and it all definitely makes sense to me, but it seems that Activision didn't do so well executing it.  We can make it work, just like we made Halo race work.
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Offline MrT©

• Posts Too Much
  • Horses just naturally have Mohawk haircuts.
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 10:34:38 AM »
Sabotage is way to similar to S&D, in my opinion. HQ is totally different.

Offline BFM_Edison

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 10:41:54 AM »
I agree with the comments concerning Domination. It's quite similar to Headquarters in that you have to capture an area to get points, but there are three spread throughout the map and you always respawn. It has an advantage over Headquarters in that there isn't going to be a team spawning right next to the Headquarters every time. In fact, in a lot of situations if one team starts getting pushed back in effect, they'll end up usually spawning in a group and will be able to protect the area that they spawn near quite well, so the spawning actually helps, in some ways, to keep it more balanced. It also is nice in that it spreads the action more.
52.87   60.07   46.40   72.73   68.23   55.10   98.27   84.73

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 10:50:13 AM »

It's not HQ that's different and hard to grasp, it's S&D that's different from all the other gametypes. It's slower and sneakier and with all the forced spectating for the less experienced, you don't really find a groove. This is why it's easy to keep running into the same place and get killed every time.

HQ is the next gametype that requires the most team coordination, where if people don't play the objective, the game won't go forward. HQ would be followed by Domination, which is getting closer to slayer gametypes. I see Sabotage and Domination being at the same level.

We can shift to a faster paced game. Most people have the basics of the maps down and know some strategy. I suppose Domination would be a good way to get people used to HQ, since the objective is to control and protect an area. Get used to controlling three stationary headquarters, move onto one headquarters that moves around. Also, HQ doesn't have immediate spawns, while Domination does.

But honestly, I couldn't play too much Domination at one time either.

Offline ((Kàkà§hì))

• Posts Too Much
  • か か し !!
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 11:14:37 AM »
The new rotation has just been implemented. How about giving it a try for a couple more weeks. Most people didn't like S&D, but have learned the strategies involved with that game type now and seem to have gotten "in the groove". Given a little more time,  what may might seem like a hectic game type now may be revealed as worthy once people start understanding the strategies of this unique game.

Don't scrap HQ, but rather the maps that seem to have odd spawns for now...vote cast.

THANKS  SLAYTON  FOR  THE  A W E S O M E  SIG!!!
http://ninjamouse.com - http://ninjamouse.com/images/Kakashi_sig24.jpg

Offline BFM_Edison

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2010, 12:43:15 PM »
It wasn't brought up because HQ is a hectic gametype. TDM is by far the most hectic, but there's a flaw in the programming itself for the game of HQ that lends itself to very skewed scores even if the teams aren't skewed. The way it's set up, the HQ more often than not next appears where the team that had previously captured the HQ just spawned. It's literally a flaw in the gametype that they purposefully changed in MW2 so that it wouldn't happen like that (waiting 30 seconds after HQ is destroyed before putting another one, thus letting the play spread out and evolve). It also isn't due to the maps themselves other than the fact that most are large. On small maps, it's not as lopsided in that fashion, but in small maps it gets a little silly when everyone can see the HQ right when they spawn almost, and at the very least always have the ability to nade it no matter the place on the map.
52.87   60.07   46.40   72.73   68.23   55.10   98.27   84.73

Offline BFM_Elvis

• Leader
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2010, 08:31:11 PM »
Your right Kakashi we wouldnt change it without giving it a little time. I agree people need to learn to play it and then decide if they like it or if they dont. It is growing on me. With that said, the spawns really make the game one sided many times. I found tonight trying to help teach my team to go destroy the headquarters. They didnt understand that once you kill someone they dont respawn until you destroy the headquarters. They were trying to sneak around the map allowing them more time with control of the headquarters which of course was getting them points. I was trying to get them to rush all together. We have 5 of us and only 2 of them still alive. So if we all rush we could have taken it quickly. We just need to give it time for people to learn how to play it before we decide if we will change or not. I really thought we would get a lot of the experienced players votes now. Then we can check on the new guys later and see what they think. Again it is fun but the spawns really make a difference on who wins in that game.

Domination--- I was told this was basically nothing more than team slayer or even one on one slayer at times depending on how many are in the game. I was told this game was closer to slayer than any in COD4 except for the game type that is just slayer. Free for all or something like that.

Offline BFM_GAV

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2010, 12:00:27 AM »
Domination is basically like HQ in a way but also like TDM as well. You have 3 capturing points on a map that you all fight for basically. The idea being control as many of the as you can for maxium points. Respawning is always on and you dont sit out

Thank you my baby brother BFM_Speedy:)

Thanks Lucky

Thanks Lucky!

Offline BFM_LËÕ

• Sergeant
  • Brohoof
    • My Sigs
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010, 12:20:06 AM »
I want both  :P but i like hq more so lets keep it
There is no Them. There are only facets of Us.

Print