Print 

Author Topic: The Map Slap  (Read 1798 times)

Offline digger

• Newbie Poster
The Map Slap
« on: April 06, 2010, 05:19:39 PM »
Map Slap? Map Slap you say? Come on it has happened to us all. You're in a BFM server, minding your own business, racing and killing then BAM! You got slapped right OUT of the map! Mostly falling. I was thrown through the skybox once though. (must have been Battle Creek) You just look at the outside of the map as you fall away to a quick death. Bungie has a sense of humor as you only 'Die' when it happens. Any input, thoughts, or comments? Hey just remember "With BFM-All Things Are Possible".

Offline Bowser

• Posts Too Much
  • Alright chaps! Lets do this! LEEEROOY JAAANNKINS!!
Re: The Map Slap
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 05:44:15 PM »
The "Map Slap" is the second most annoying thing is halo behind spawn killers.  :siderofl: I've seen people be slapped up, down, sideways, and inside out. I've actually wondered for quite some time, is this simply an un-intentional "glitch," or was the game programmed to allow you to fall through the map? I mean, I'd doubt that it was programmed to allow you to fall through solid ground, but I've seen crazy logic before. :P

~Bowser

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 05:53:41 PM »
Mil facepalms at the Map Slap :doh:
It's soo annoying.

Offline Mercoledi

• Junior Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 11:17:31 PM »
Hiya!

To be honest, I find that quite funny as long as it doesn't happen too often, i.e. not more than once every couple of maps. Sometimes, though, it happens multiple times during a single match ... mostly caused by myself.

It also seems that some maps are more prone to let you clip through the level barriers than others. It happens (relatively) often on Danger Canyon and Sidewinder. Also, the more lag there is, the more likely it is to get map slapped (lovely term, btw  :LOL: ).

Cheers! :zoid:
If you're normal, the crowd accepts you. But if you're deranged, the crowd'll make you their leader!

Offline Duck

• Regular Poster
  • Quack
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 01:08:35 AM »
I must be the lucky one! It's only happened to me a couple of times and they've been on Ice Fields. I'm surprised because I lag a lot I thought it would happen more often...   :)
Thanks Rypto!
Thanks to Bîgmäñ!

Offline swant

• Regular Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 08:54:33 AM »
about once a game time it works :)

Joined Forums             - April 27, 2008
applied for BFM           - April ??, 2008
PR-terminated             - May ??, 2008
     (very long time no halo due to broken cd and loss of interest)
re-Applied for BFM       - March 16, 2010
Corporal assigned       - March 23, 2010
Ventrilo access            - May 04, 2010
Corporal re-assigned  - May 12, 2010
PR-terminated             - June 16, 2010
   (Yes second time, ow well, third time's the charm :)
3d re-appliance           - July 16, 2010
Corporal re-assigned  - July 25, 2010
PR-terminated             - August 17, 2010

Joined ²MôD²              - April 2011   And am loving it

Print