Print 

Author Topic: So my Halo settings went bye bye  (Read 726 times)

Offline Jä×

• Posts Too Much
  • Resident furry
So my Halo settings went bye bye
« on: April 20, 2010, 06:00:56 AM »
Yaaaaaa this is new to me, been playing 6 years? Never had this happen...

My profile and settings were fine yesterday, then today I went to join BFM 5 via xfire and my screen was 640x480 and like low low resolution and then my profile name said "Whisp" or something in chat when I was typing, I immediately left. I get to the main menu and it says New001? I checked my folder in My Documents and the profile is there... but still had to remake it, plus my gamesaves are there, but not working.

That aside... in my graphics options I no longer have a selection for frequency 61hz, 60hz, ect... it's greyed out, and my max screen resolution is lower than it should be. All the other settings are fine, but reverted to defaults. Main thing is my max screen size is limited to 1600x1040 now and I cant adjust frequency, although locked at 60 is fine. Also, everytime I launch now it's giving me the safe mode prompt as well as saying Halo doesnt support Anti-aliasing, whiiiiich has never been a problem.

I checked my Nvidia settings and everything is fine, nothing has changed...

Now FPS is jumpy in Halo and game runs weird, and ONLY Halo is doing this, none of my other games(HL2, Ep1, Ep2, Secondlife, Lunia, Test Drive Unlimited) are acting up, so.... anyone got an idea? I'm baffled *scratches head*
Just about to reinstall and call it a day.

Windows 7 Ultimate, AMD FX4100, Gigabyte 990FXA, G.Skill Sniper 2x4gb 1866, Saphire Radeon 2x512 256bit, Thermaltake Toughguard 850

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
Re: So my Halo settings went bye bye
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 11:17:00 PM »

Something must be corrupted I guess.

I would suggest you reinstall and call it a day.

Offline Jä×

• Posts Too Much
  • Resident furry
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 12:46:49 AM »
Reinstalled, still doing it...

Particles cause FPS to spike like crazy.

Gonna try manually adjusting graphics settings for the videocard for that game and see if it does anything, too frustrated now. Was in a sniper server and everytime I went to aim my fps dropped and my shot missed someone, very very annoying.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 12:54:12 AM by ­­«_T£ku_» »

Windows 7 Ultimate, AMD FX4100, Gigabyte 990FXA, G.Skill Sniper 2x4gb 1866, Saphire Radeon 2x512 256bit, Thermaltake Toughguard 850

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 01:41:33 AM »

All that stuff gets stored in your My Documents\My Games\Halo folder.  You might've moved or restored it, or you're on Roaming Profile from a Domain Controller server that didn't save/load it correctly.

Uninstalling and/or reinstalling won't remake this directory either.

I suggest that you RENAME the "Halo" folder there and when you next restart Halo it will make a new one from scratch.

Remake your profiles/settings and all will be well again.

FYI: Every once in a while I make a copy of that folder as "Halo-Copy" in the same place as the "Halo" directory, just in case this ever happens to me - again!  ::) :winkgrin:
Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Print