Print 

Author Topic: lines mostly at one end of screen on right side equal apart mostly  (Read 765 times)

Offline PR_SKIPPER

• Newbie Poster
the lines show on screen mostly here at the bfm forums i have wireless for my laptop its att dsl i have gateway fx its for gameing pc laptp on the cheap side but i like it is this because i have  wireless or does anyone think its the laptop or i need to have the att wireless booted up some for stronger single the laptop is only 23 feet from the att box or maybe its interferance from some thing any ideal would be great just send me your thoughts thank for any help

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
Re: lines mostly at one end of screen on right side equal apart mostly
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 12:09:44 AM »

Wireless might be slow, so the page would load slowly, but it wouldn't make lines appear.  That would more likely be something wrong with the screen, the video card or like you said, interference from something.

What sort of lines?  Do they flicker or are they sort of permanent, or what?  If you move the laptop around do they stay in that one place or move around?

Offline PR_SKIPPER

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 05:20:13 AM »
there is only one line but not here on the reply scree just one line know on the screen before this one on the forums where i just read your reply but when i hit reply and i am wher i am know nothing but does not show when i use firefox or google or go large to see full photos just 99 percent here and i moved the laptop aground and nothing but at this time a day low internet use so maybe its traffic time for the net i keep checking at different times of the day and see if i get more lines at peak times than i have to upgrade my low end wireless up one level to see if that helps its only ten bucks more no big deal but my laptop grapics is not that low end i think its nvada one gig memory the laptop is two years old this did not happen when hooked up to direct line internet comcast but i keep you posted i post friday to let you know update on whats going on thanks for your reply oh yes the wirless box is the highest point in the open its in straight line to my bedroom nothing in the way but a door open or shut still the lines

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 11:22:46 PM »

Well that seems to be the least of your problems.  Reading your post it looks like there is a problem with your keyboard.  If you look underneath the "L", do you see two keys that have these two symbols on them?   ,  . 

Then should be just below the L key.  These don't seem to be working for you.

:winkgrin:

Just kidding.

If you are using Internet Explorer 7 or 8 then there is something you could try to get rid of the lines.  Click on the Tools menu and then click on Compatibility View.  That will redisplay the forums using older conventions that might fix the problem. 

Print