Print 

Author Topic: You know you love racing when...  (Read 3788 times)

Offline boots

• Newbie Poster
You know you love racing when...
« on: May 06, 2010, 04:47:32 PM »
This list took some time to compile. I say compile and not complete because every racer probably has a few more bullet-points to add, so feel free to chime in! Don't assume that I'm saying I can do all of this stuff, because I can't except on very rare occasions--but I know plenty of fellow racers who certainly can!

You know you love racing when sometimes you flip your hog and you press "E" so fast that your hog never rests on the ground...
You know you love racing when you can enter the passenger's seat of a moving hog without it even slowing to pick you up...
You know you love racing when you know the map cycle better than the order of months in the year...
You know you love racing when you try to navigate Death Island with your eyes closed...
You know you love racing when you feel a maniacal rush of adrenaline upon spotting and driving straight towards that enemy hog helplessly making its way up/down the "stairs" on Gephy...
You know you love racing when you can type "hi," "lol," "ns," or even " red sniper" in mid hog jump...
You know you love racing when you can cooly face down, dodge, and nade that poor newcomer trying to chase you down...
You know you love racing when you can barrel over hills and bridges in a CTF or Slayer match, outshooting or outdriving all the unfortunate non-racers in the server...
You know you love racing when you can single-handedly defend your base in said server, sending Ghosts, hogs, and shees flying with bright blue explosions so long as you have plasmas left to throw...
You know you love racing when you know to head through the tunnel on Ice Fields after 1st nav, to avoid a slippery U-turn to head for 3rd nav...
You know you love racing when you listen intently after tossing a plasma from the passenger's seat, hoping to hear the soft tone of a hit...
And lastly in my compilation but far from least, you know you love racing, especially BFM racing, when you recognize the admins, take the rules to heart, and head for first nav with an itchy trigger finger, a sure hand on the wheel, and eyes peeled for an enemy rocket...

--boots
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 04:57:13 PM by boots »

Offline Anubis

• Regular Poster
  • Baguette and beret ! :)
    • MS
Re: You know you love racing when...
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 02:42:46 AM »
You know you love racing when you try to evade enemies' rockets when you are driver. (Doesn't succeed all the time  :XD:)
Potential Recruit : April 16, 2010 :)
Ventrilo access ! June 10, 2010 :D
Little tags : August 11, 2010 :)
Big tags : January 19, 2011 :D

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 02:47:21 AM »
You know you love racing when you are in a BFM racing server!

~Panther

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

............................................................ ............................................................
..........        ..........      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
.........    ..    .........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
........    ....    ........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
.......              .......      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....            ........
......     ......     .......     ......     .................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
.....     ........     .......     ....     ..................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
....     ..........     ........           ......                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
........................................................... .............................................................

Btw just cuz Ben1 haz a higher pitched voice doesn't make him better than meh D:

I miss mah squeakeh voice D: Its harder to be the stereotypical kid on Xbox now :(

The Best Quote Ever By Exodus:

"I will get you unbanned in the next few days. In the meantime go easy on the caffeine."

Offline Mercoledi

• Junior Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 02:49:02 AM »
You know you love racing when you couldn't care less about being gunner but just want to drive as fast as possible.

You know you love racing when you can get out of your hog, pick up the OS on the Icefields bridge, and get back into the driver's seat without the hog slowing down much.

You know you love racing when you're driving your tushie off just to be a half a second faster than your previous lap.

You know you love racing when you want a warthog-shaped bed.

You know you love racing when you're on a BFM server all by yourself for an hour, scoring one lap after the other over multiple maps.

You know you love racing when you know you have to get up at 6 AM the next morning and plan to go to bed at midnight at the very latest, and then you bid the admins and other guests goodbye at 3:30 AM.

You know you love racing when an itchy nose is driving you mad, but you don't want to take your hands off the keyboard and mouse.

You know you love racing when you've got carpal tunnel syndrom on your left wrist and can hardly move a finger, but still are capable of pressing down the W key for hours while ignoring the pain.
If you're normal, the crowd accepts you. But if you're deranged, the crowd'll make you their leader!

Offline Surfsup913

• Junior Poster
  • Don't mess... or my Rohirrim will charge!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 04:40:42 AM »

You know you love racing when you dream about owning a car that is an exact replica of the Warthog

(With interchangeable turrets so you don't have to choose between rockets or chaingun.)

Offline Mith

• Posts Too Much
  • Gandalf to the rescue
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 09:57:40 AM »
When you type "T" before all chat in every other game.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 10:01:47 AM by BFM_Mith »

Thanks Vintage, it's awesome!

"Ah, but a man's reach should extend his grasp, or what's a heaven for?"

What's this kiwi y'all are talking about?  Sounds like a fruit.
The Journey of Mith
Applied for BFM-March 9, 2008
Given Vent-April 29, 2008
Little Tags-May 26, 2008
Big Tags-July 24, 2008
Corporal-January 8, 2009
Left BFM-July 26, 2009
Little Tags Again-October 26, 2009
Big Tags Again-January 10, 2010
Corporal Again-August 8, 2010

Offline Bowser

• Posts Too Much
  • Alright chaps! Lets do this! LEEEROOY JAAANNKINS!!
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 10:56:50 AM »
You know you love racing when you can navigate infinity with your eyes closed and still be a sub 100 time.

You know you love racing when you've painted each map on the ceiling of your bedroom.

You know you love racing when you know the rules better than you know your latin verbs.

You know you love racing when you get called a nadebot in other servers, due to the skills you have developed in the throwing of stickies.

You know you love racing when you think it's fun to race infinity. While going backwards. On foot. Crouched.

You know you love killing Elvis when you search all the servers for his name before you decide where you're racing. >.>

Offline BFM_ColWlkr

• BFM Admin
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 12:24:49 PM »
I've posted this particular comment before about being obsessed with Halo, but here goes ;)

You know you love racing when you're driving with your dad, who's never played Halo, and a squirrel runs across the road and your dad yells, "You almost him him!" to which you respond, "Not on my screen!"

No lie, I did this xD

Offline Eragon

• Newbie Poster
  • He that liveth by the sword, dieth by the sword
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 03:46:06 PM »
When you type "T" before all chat in every other game.  ;D
LOL mith, I do this alll the time, even in IM. People are like "what does '(t)hi, how are you?' mean?" LOL
Code: [Select]
awesome sig made by bfm_Arya, thx! =)

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
  • BFM's General Oversight >:)
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 12:31:31 AM »
You know you love racing when you try to navigate Death Island with your eyes closed...

I've driven half a lap on Danger Canyon during a scrim on the phone without actually looking at the monitor and done it perfectly, much to the scary amazement of I think Wic. (at least she shot several enemies on the way) :D

I need a new hobby.  :zoid:

Nrvend is too old. We race in hogs, not wheelchairs.
Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?
Exodus is the all-time Major Pain.

Offline Bôôm

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 01:10:33 AM »
I dont know my months of the year

its sad i know...      :smly_a_wink:

Offline Teg

• Newbie Poster
  • WOOT!
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 01:16:40 AM »
You know you love racing when your wife gives you that look when you take a step towards your computer.

Offline Archer

• Posts Too Much
  • Rock Trollin'
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2010, 07:17:34 AM »
You know you love racing when your wife gives you that look when you take a step towards your computer.

I've got mine hooked on Cafe World and Farmville so badly that I have no worries when it comes to my computer gaming habits. 
 :victory: :victory: :victory: :woot: :woot: :woot: :warlord: :warlord: :warlord:
Regards,
Archer

Thanks to Track King for the sig!!

Thanks to BFM_Skedog for the trophy!

Offline BFM_SüprM@ñ

• BFM Admin
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2010, 04:21:21 PM »
You know you love racing when you pass up your favorite food to finish this "last" map and accept the fact that your dinner will be cold.
Being a good racer in Halo isn't just about getting the best times. You have to know where your teammates and enemies are, and most of all... how to be crafty! XD -nods-

Oh... and "v.v" = sad face.

Props to Plixity for the first sig, Slayton for the Season XIII trophy sig, and Jane for the banner! Thx guys! ^.^

Applied for Recruitment: January 22nd, 2008
Received Vent: March 25th, 2008
Received Lil-tags: May 3rd, 2008
Resigned: May 15th, 2008
Re-Applied: June 16th, 2009
Re-Received Vent: July 25th 2009
Re-Received Lil-Tags: August 24th, 2009
Received Big Tags: October 5th, 2009
Promoted to Corporal: January 30, 2010
Promoted to Sergeant: April 19, 2010
Temp. Resigned: August 6, 2010
Returned: January 29, 2013

Offline swant

• Regular Poster
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2010, 07:48:28 AM »
You know you love racing when you pass up your favorite food to finish this "last" map and accept the fact that your dinner will be cold.

i recognize that a lil bit

you know you love racing when you forget you hear beeping coming from the oven yet let it burn because you want to finish this ''last'' map

Joined Forums             - April 27, 2008
applied for BFM           - April ??, 2008
PR-terminated             - May ??, 2008
     (very long time no halo due to broken cd and loss of interest)
re-Applied for BFM       - March 16, 2010
Corporal assigned       - March 23, 2010
Ventrilo access            - May 04, 2010
Corporal re-assigned  - May 12, 2010
PR-terminated             - June 16, 2010
   (Yes second time, ow well, third time's the charm :)
3d re-appliance           - July 16, 2010
Corporal re-assigned  - July 25, 2010
PR-terminated             - August 17, 2010

Joined ²MôD²              - April 2011   And am loving it

Print