Print 

Author Topic: Halo PC Servers  (Read 1486 times)

Offline EPsilon933

• Newbie Poster
Halo PC Servers
« on: May 08, 2010, 06:30:23 PM »
They're terrible. First of all, you chose terrible maps to play on. Infinite is waay too big, even for 16 players, which is the maximum number of players that can fit on a map. It reduces the game to just running and that's pretty much it. Personally, I'd say the ten best maps are:

Battle Creek
*word removed*ation
Chill Out
Prisoner
Rat Race
Longest
Derelict
Wizard
Chiron TL34
Hang 'em High

Another note I need to hit is the use of infinite grenades. All that does is promote spamming. throw them to your hearts content because there's no cost to it.

The best weapon set to use is Human with generic starts. The bullets hit instantly (ignoring rockets and flames) which makes the lag a lot less painful.

Race is a terrible gametype. Use all the others.

Feel free to block me or whatever, because I'm seriously not going to return here. I'm just a guy that wants to enjoy playing Halo PC despite there being a world of almost no good Halo PC servers any more.

Offline BFM_ColWlkr

• BFM Admin
Re: Halo PC Servers
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 07:06:21 PM »
You're free to go where you wish.  We have tried numerous combinations of settings, and have stuck with what we have now.  We are primarily a Halo Race clan, which is why most of our servers have maps with vehicles only (aka Infinity).  Your saying race is the worst gametype in your opinion, it is understandable that you did not like our servers :P

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 07:12:25 PM »
You are entitled to your opinion, and we will respect that.  Like ColWlkr said, we found through 5 years of trial and error the best settings and rules for race.  BFM was founded as a racing clan because other racing clans out there did not run their servers well, so unfortunately we will be sticking with that as our main gametype.

So I hope you have fun in your gaming, wherever you go and whatever you do.
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Offline BFM_Thunder

• BFM Admin
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 07:21:26 PM »
most of the maps you mentioned above are being used on other BFM servers. such as R.O.C.K.S. or certain maps in the CE server.

the set-up of infinite grenades does have a purpose, in my opinion it prevents people from walking the map to search for grenades. and most of the time it comes in handy when you got the nades right when you need em, it just prevents people to get out of their hog to search for nades.

it sometimes makes people to spam nade crazy, but most of the people who race on the servers actually are here to race.

as ColWalker said, you are free to go everywhere you want.
you are the one that misses out on all the fun
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 07:37:12 PM by bfm_Hamster »

Print