Print 

Author Topic: imposter using my name  (Read 900 times)

Offline digger

• Newbie Poster
imposter using my name
« on: May 09, 2010, 07:15:12 PM »
Some one is gaming on BFM Halo servers using my "digger" name, and I have noticed a cool reception to my greeting everyone when I join a server. So I can only imnagine that this imposter who is using my lawfully registered name at BFMRacing.net is doing so for nefarious intent. I would respectfully request that any BFM member send me a message as my laptop is open to BFMRacing.net when I am on Halo. I also apologize for any problem this has caused as I have only discovered it today. I am at a loss as how to address this dilemma and what help BFM can provide.

Offline BFM_NavyJHk

• Colonel
Re: imposter using my name
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 07:23:03 PM »
We'll be sure to keep an eye out for them.  If they are doing anything extremely offensive, you can be sure that they won't be doing it for very long.

One way you might address this is by changing your name around a bit.  Not completely - but perhaps add an alt-code or two to make yourself stand out and so that everyone knows you are someone different.  Something like that would really be your choice to do. 

Fear not though, if they are deliberately impostering you, most players like that get bored and find something else to occupy their time.   ;D
Thank you Kàkà§hì!

Print