Print 

Author Topic: which was the hardest to complete?  (Read 1677 times)

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
  • Passive but NOT aggresive
which was the hardest to complete?
« on: May 10, 2010, 04:26:29 PM »
personally i vote halo 2 but its still really awsome. also show reasn why so hard.

Offline swant

• Regular Poster
Re: which was the hardest to complete?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 08:03:04 PM »
i only played ce, yet i can do the entire ship in legendary without firing a single round, only grenades and bashing.....

Joined Forums             - April 27, 2008
applied for BFM           - April ??, 2008
PR-terminated             - May ??, 2008
     (very long time no halo due to broken cd and loss of interest)
re-Applied for BFM       - March 16, 2010
Corporal assigned       - March 23, 2010
Ventrilo access            - May 04, 2010
Corporal re-assigned  - May 12, 2010
PR-terminated             - June 16, 2010
   (Yes second time, ow well, third time's the charm :)
3d re-appliance           - July 16, 2010
Corporal re-assigned  - July 25, 2010
PR-terminated             - August 17, 2010

Joined ²MôD²              - April 2011   And am loving it

Offline Mercoledi

• Junior Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 03:31:46 AM »
I didn't notice much of a difference while playing on heroic, but once you play on legendary, Halo 2 is the hardest one by far. It often verges on "Nintendo Hard" difficulty:

- The AI has a higher rate of fire than you have with the same weapons; most obvious with opponents wielding plasma rifles (and I'm not talking about Elites dual-wielding them).

- Weapons fired by the AI have a far lower spread - or far higher accuracy - than when fired by you; again, most obvious with plasma rifles.

- The AI uses your controller's input to lead its target instead of MC's actual movement in a level. If you move the left stick left and right really fast so that you practically don't strafe at all, an opponent in front of you will actually miss you with plasma pistols/rifles.

- You take far less damage than in H:CE or H3 before you drop dead.

- If you repeatedly die shortly after a checkpoint, you will eventually be send back to the checkpoint before the last one.

- Vehicles operated by the AI take more damage than vehicles operated by you.

- Your melee attack is so weak (actually the opponents' health/shield are so high), it's practically useless unless you melee an opponent in the back.

- The infamous "I got hit in the toe - why did I die?!?" sniper jackals. Although they do reappear in H3, there they take a tad longer to shot once they've spotted you. In H2 I often came round a corner and dropped dead without being able to determine even only the general direction of the sniper jackal. Also, many jackals use carbines instead of sniper rifles in H3.

H2 on legendary is in fact so hard that H:CE and H3 on legendary appear like a walk in the park. No kidding! Play through H2 on legendary and then start H:CE or H3 on legendary right away, and you'll see.  :woot:
If you're normal, the crowd accepts you. But if you're deranged, the crowd'll make you their leader!

Offline Duck

• Regular Poster
  • Quack
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 03:11:03 PM »
Yes, I've always found Halo 2 a lot harder than the others, all of them.  :P
Thanks Rypto!
Thanks to Bîgmäñ!

Print