Print 

Author Topic: Chase kill?  (Read 923 times)

Offline żNobodyż

• Senior Poster
  • LOL
Chase kill?
« on: May 11, 2010, 03:03:19 PM »
Hey I have a confirmation here,
Just a couple of days ago, I was playing on the map Infinity. (multi naved thingy) so as i am coming from the opposite side to complete my lap, i see an enemy hog coming from the other side. So as I avoid him, I drive into the part where in the beginning of the map we spawn. But as I go there, an enemy just spawned there and i kill him. Then he says, "Nobody, that is a chase kill, you should know better." Must've been an undercover admin, because soon I was kicked. I just wanted to confirm what happened, and didnt mean it to be a "chase kill."

Thanks,
żNobodyż

Thanks JANE, Crimson, and Lucky for this AMAZING sig!~

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

///////^\\\\\\\          This is a tortoise. Copy and
 ____ ////////^\\\\\\\\         paste tortoise into your sig
/ @  |_______________\        so that it may save us from
\____|\______________/        the bunnies
           _||||    _||||
          (___|   (____|
(Go Marty's Turtle)

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
  • BFM's General Oversight >:)
Re: Chase kill?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 08:10:14 PM »
If it was indeed an UC admin that kicked you they have obviously not seen this question so I will do my best to answer it. I cannot speak for your specific situation, however I can shed light on a few things to think about.

Firstly as you will have gathered avoiding and hiding from enemies is a perfectly legitimate technique. When excercised with caution. By caution I mean this - you may drive in places that in any other circumstance would be illegal. And even then there are limits to how and where you can hide. Sometimes you are just going to get killed, plain and simple, you can't sit and do donuts all day like a crazy person.

Driving behind the base on infinity is a technique I have seen used many times. It is also a very dangerous one, for as in the situation walkers have spawned. If I am going to hide from someone using this technique I am going to be VERY careful about walkers. Firstly to not get attacked by them. Secondly to not RUN OVER them, or to provoke self defense. You have obviously not passed the 2nd part. Now sometimes these things happen and there is nothing you can do. They can literally spawn under your front wheels. On the other hand there are things you can do to avoid this. Don't drive through a part where people spawn if you have that choice. Don't swerve and drive crazily. Be ready to swerve away or put ont he breaks if someone DOES spawn.

Now in this circumstance if the person has just spawned they will not know you are hiding from an enemy hog. Given your path and the way it obviously appeared on your screen it probably looked worse than it was. But I have already given you ways to avoid that situation in the future. and a few things for thought that may not be rules, but more importantly is honourable and decent race practice. But now I will give one more, and the one that I would take nearly every time.

You drove into the spawning base on Infinity to avoid the enemy hog. Into where more enemies could spawn and it could become even more dangerous. Why not veer the other way and hide behind the flag bearing structure in CTF? Less cover, but far less danger, and as an experienced racer not a problem in terms of driving ability. Try that out next time and we make sure you don't come back here eh? :)

Nrvend is too old. We race in hogs, not wheelchairs.
Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?
Exodus is the all-time Major Pain.

Offline żNobodyż

• Senior Poster
  • LOL
Re: Chase kill?
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 04:30:27 AM »
Alright, I'll do that next time.  :)
Thanks,
żNobodyż

Thanks JANE, Crimson, and Lucky for this AMAZING sig!~

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

///////^\\\\\\\          This is a tortoise. Copy and
 ____ ////////^\\\\\\\\         paste tortoise into your sig
/ @  |_______________\        so that it may save us from
\____|\______________/        the bunnies
           _||||    _||||
          (___|   (____|
(Go Marty's Turtle)

Print