Print 

Author Topic: Science in the news :P  (Read 3105 times)

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
  • Geetings from Zeke the organoid
Science in the news :P
« on: May 12, 2010, 10:44:06 AM »
ok well i have to do 2 science in the news to do and i need a 2 articles  so if u could find me some that would be great
ZEEKS PROGRESS                                   List of sig Thanks :D
Applied for Recruitment - 12/9/09             BFM_MrT, Track king, ZakPak, Soz Owned U, Benjy, Tanxs1
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Tags got Droped arroud june?
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
Re: Science in the news :P
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 11:45:47 AM »

Find everything you need right here!
Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 12:36:46 PM »
wow how did u do that that was really cool!
Applied for Recruitment - 12/9/09             BFM_MrT, Track king, ZakPak, Soz Owned U, Benjy, Tanxs1
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline jim360

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 12:39:46 PM »
Check out my Short introduction... corner and my "Historical figures who should perhaps be better-known" thread!!

Exciting videos: 1.1 / 1.2 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 12:02:53 AM »

:giggle:

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 12:56:04 AM »
HAHAHA :siderofl: :siderofl: :siderofl:

Mxy = FUNNY!!!

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

............................................................ ............................................................
..........        ..........      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
.........    ..    .........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
........    ....    ........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
.......              .......      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....            ........
......     ......     .......     ......     .................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
.....     ........     .......     ....     ..................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
....     ..........     ........           ......                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
........................................................... .............................................................

Btw just cuz Ben1 haz a higher pitched voice doesn't make him better than meh D:

I miss mah squeakeh voice D: Its harder to be the stereotypical kid on Xbox now :(

The Best Quote Ever By Exodus:

"I will get you unbanned in the next few days. In the meantime go easy on the caffeine."

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 07:03:43 PM »
HAHAHA :siderofl: :siderofl: :siderofl:

Mxy = FUNNY!!!

Since I think we've solved the original intent of this thread (if not, please speak up, Zeek!), I'd like to turn it into a short lesson on computer languages, notably the Java family (and similarly a few others I Won't list here.)

Having just written scads of nit-picky Java/Javascript code over the past few weeks this was fresh on my mind, you see....

This is a lesson about the pitfalls of the simple 'equals sign': "="!

The expression above ( Mxy = FUNNY!!! )  means "Mxy is replaced with the phrase FUNNY!!!" and is called an "assignment operation."  Once executed "Mxy" would indeed be equal to (identical to, actually) FUNNY!!!  (Which was the probable intent of the post in the first place.  :winkgrin: )

If one were to instead write ( Mxy == FUNNY!!!) [with some other necessary characters I also won't go into here] that would mean "Is Mxy equivalent to FUNNY!!! ?" and which is a "logical test for equivalence" which returns a value of "true" or "false."

Now there is a lesser-known version of the preceding, which is ( Mxy === FUNNY!! ) . This version is a special version of "equivalent to" in that it also means "Mxy is exactly identical to FUNNY!!! in every discernible way," and also returns either "true" or "false."

Just an FYI for any of you thinking about doing any programming in your future, to forewarn you that computers are REALLY PICKY AND VERY LITTERAL about what you program them to do!  :o  ::)

« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 07:09:18 PM by MrMxyzptlk »
Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 07:10:31 PM »
its been solved
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Print