Print 

Author Topic: how did you come to BFM servers?  (Read 6164 times)

Offline TheAlmightyZoo

• Newbie Poster
Re: how did you come to BFM servers?
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2010, 12:46:53 AM »
a few years ago i went to my friends house and he had a game called halo 3 i played it and i loved it! i craved the awesomeness since. so i bought halo for PC i started as new001 as just a random guy i played on many servers until i found out about racing so look and saw an interesting server: BFM. i went in and i had fun. so i went to the site and signed up but i was told by my corporal that new001 was too common so i went by my nickname zakpak.
long story short i found out cause i was curious

I know this is off topic but is new001 a default

because there are lots of them,

how i got to bfm servers was that I used to play CTF alot and was good with it, but i wanted to try someting diferent which was halo racing, i basicly got on to bfm servers because i followed some bfm's there. (i saw lots of peodple with the name BFM_) and i have been racing ever since.

Please mind the spelling
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 12:53:01 AM by C3nt@ur! »

Offline $olo

• Junior Poster
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2010, 03:03:19 AM »
I was part of the group who played CTF on the "Beginners Only" server -
I remember that Server .. great times!!

Well, I saw HALO on an X-Box at my local GAME store .. liked it but then forgot about it ..
Then I managed to get a couple of copies and left them sat on the side while I played
"F-22 Lightning3" A Fighter Combat Simulator and Helped run a Squadron.
Busted my J/S one night turning too hard to nuke someones base so loaded HALO on a whim ..

Played the Campaign straight away on all Levels and completed it within 2wks so came online and sucked!! Fighting Humans was a lot harder but I learnt fast ... stayed for about a year outside of a Clan then joined the Original $$ $uper$nipers Clan and had some good times there for a couple of years ... left there owing to work and stayed clanless for a while then joined FUN and played the modded servers and still do .. You'll find me on Nuclear Death Island with a Big Rifle (OR I'll find you!!) Then one night the servers were EMPTY, No-one was online in any UK/European Servers I knew of , So I clicked on Friends Favourites on XFire and saw BFM Racing and it had players!! So I joined and basically got told off lots of times by Dreams , IMaybeYou, Tanx and others, I even got booted for putting a line of *** but I didn't understand the rules completely .....

NOW I DO !!

And I'm Racing more often then putting a bullet in peoples head from the far side of the map!

Offline Lone WolF

• Newbie Poster
  • If you shine, you die.
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2010, 05:00:27 AM »
I used to race quite a bit in BFM's servers before Killerpings when under, I was in the server when Randy went postal,  :o I quit halo for a while because of the lag.
I'm Serious, Stop Following Me!!

Offline OBOLeader

• Regular Poster
  • Established thread killer
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2010, 02:43:59 AM »
Hnnn, well i THINK it was because i was bored with CTF and slayer, and decided to try something else. witch was about 4- 4 1/2 yrs ago.. so yea ive been around a while  :evil:
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/NewTooru/
Discord: Tooru#1375
Battle Net: Tooru#11787

Offline Drift

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2010, 10:41:36 AM »
lets see...... (puts on big beard and indian chief dress and starts a campfire with my mad pyroskills)

A long time ago when I was a smaller child,around the age of 8 or 9 , My father showed me this game on the computer. it was brand new. It was shiny, and to my 8 year old self it was scary.( my dad also happened to be showing me doom, halo, and diablo all while I was 8 and thought things were scary)
I played it with him a small bit then I left it alone. After about two years I picked it up and played it some more and thought that it wasnt too scary, but I had more important things to do than play video games.
lets see now. 2...+ 2.......carry the 1. ok so I was 13 and I had just made a new friend. His name was elliot and he was from across the pond. We became really good friends and he mentioned that there was a cool computer game that he played with some friends. Guess what the game was.
Halo: combat evolved
so then I got really into the ctf/slayer scene. I had a crap mouse and was never good at aiming , but i was absolutely dumbstruck about how fun the warthogs were to drive. We would start the match, he'd grab the snipe, and I'd start up the hog. Drop him off on middle hill ( because BG is the only ctf map :P) then continue onto flag. it was fantastic. If no one was on i would make my own game and mess around tricking off hills on BG. then he told me about CE. the kid mentioned a racing map for it and i picked it up asap. I also learned how to fly a pelican and a longsword. then him and his friends quit halo but i spent countless hours by myself playing this one racing map.
 I quit for a while. I didnt go back to ctf because I couldnt stand the constant cursing and hacking. Went through a computer and a PC reset and installed halo after having nothing to do for a summer day. Played a bit of halo on no-cursing servers. Then wandered my way over to race. Saw BFM servers and decided to try it. At this point i think i was under the pseudonym "iamdriver" and I got into a fight about how there was a family server on an m rated game, and there were a few name change disputes that I piped up in because i thought that the admin was wrong. got kicked.

Then I remembered my old racing alias "drifter" and shortened it to "Drift" and I applied. got PR and Vent and now I'm just going through life scrimming.

I think that was a bit more than how I came to BFM. more like how I came to halo....oh well I like telling stories and I'm longwinded :)

your PR friend,
 Drift
Applied to BFM 5-8-2010

<= thanks MrT :D    

Offline Bob Marley

• Senior Poster
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2010, 06:49:04 PM »
I didn't have an xbox for a long time.  I loved Halo while playing at my buddies houses.  One day at Best Buy, I cam across Halo for pc for $19.99.  I picked it up and started playing Slayer/CTF.  Wasn't attracted to "Race" until I got bored with Slayer/CTF.  Started Racing, but wasn't into it as much.  I can admit I even broke rules because I was bored with racing.  But then then got into it and the people of BFM were nice in games/forums.   So then racing just found me and I was into that the most and started even posting in the BFM forums.

But I am here because I LOVE racing in halo pc and the BFM clan is awesome!!!!

- Bobby

Offline BFM_Fénix

• BFM Admin
  • I shall be reborn from the ashes
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2010, 07:27:03 PM »
well, it happened like 3 years ago. First, i played with my friends in the school (oh yeah, our computers have halo!!!) and we only played slayer or ctf. i must say we are very good lol and i learned to use the hog there to get the flag, kill opponents and drive anywhere, although we only played blood gulch...

Afterwards i got the game from my parents. i started playing anything, but once i came across bfm servers i liked a lot the idea of a dedi server for race. I frequented the servers more than slayer or ctf. HOWEVER, i was still "new" to their rules and got myself banned in 5 servers or so... mainly for slaying and camping (i was used to slay :P getting 40 or so kills...).

Then, i grew up and played by the rules (oooohhh teenage...). I noticed i was rather good with the gun, but lacked driving skills. after some time i copied some of the tricks i saw on the servers and improved quite a bit. I started posting a little more in the forum (mostly on the forum games lol) but im still a very quiet person ;)

After a year or so, i got unbanned from all the servers (tyvm cool). however, my game started to fail and i couldnt play halo at all, so i quit BFM servers for six months (veeeery long ones). Recently, when i finally fixed the game, i discovered BFM was still there (big yeah!) although now there isnt a ctf server and only 7 racing servers (there were 9 being the 7 a custom race... i miss that one).

i just cant stop racing, its the best mode, cause u need driving skills and good aim
2000th member of the BFM forums.
According to Hlao, and Hlao's word is law.

Offline Awesome

• Junior Poster
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2010, 08:06:38 PM »
Woo Tonas a PR? thats new lol. i came to BFM by accident really i was just clicking and playing on random servers came across BFM and i like racing later on down the road met some really cool ppl PRs and Admins so i joined now i race with my friends :)

Thanks Blitz!!

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2010, 11:30:38 PM »
I told myself that I would finish the campaign before I went to multiplayer.  I went to multiplayer before I finished "The Library," because The Flood kept killing me.  I also told myself that I would never enter a clan or group, because I never wanted to commit to anything like that, especially with me being in school.

First obviously for me was Slayer.  I happened to first enter a server where the host kept using an aimbot.  Needless to say I got a little frustrated.

I found CTF to be quite fun.  I went on the CTF circuit a little bit and played that for a few days, then got bored.

I think the first racing server I entered was a Circus of Carnage server.  They have some pretty good servers over there.

I happened to enter a BFM server with BFM_'Medic as the lone admin.  I had some difficulty with the rules, but I had the general idea of racing.  I was kicked twice by him though  :-\.  This was over a span of two days.

I took a look at the website and immediately signed up for recruitment.  So much for not joining a clan. :ssh:
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Offline Infërnö

• Regular Poster
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2010, 09:49:11 AM »

Played the Campaign straight away on all Levels and completed it within 2wks so came online and sucked!! Fighting Humans was a lot harder but I learnt fast ... stayed for about a year outside of a Clan then joined the Original $$ $uper$nipers Clan and had some good times there for a couple of years ... left there owing to work and stayed clanless for a while then joined FUN and played the modded servers and still do .. You'll find me on Nuclear Death Island with a Big Rifle (OR I'll find you!!) Then one night the servers were EMPTY, No-one was online in any UK/European Servers I knew of , So I clicked on Friends Favourites on XFire and saw BFM Racing and it had players!! So I joined and basically got told off lots of times by Dreams , IMaybeYou, Tanx and others, I even got booted for putting a line of *** but I didn't understand the rules completely .....

NOW I DO !!

And I'm Racing more often then putting a bullet in peoples head from the far side of the map!

Wait you where a member of FUN... (what name you used?)

Sorry had to ask, Great stories all.

Offline BFM_SirTaco

• BFM Admin
  • Bother!!!!!
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2010, 06:06:25 AM »
My brother and i used to play the Halo trial a lot and one time someone had hacked their game to have race in it and i played on his server and fell in love

so when we finally got the full game, i started playing race and i really just stumbled upon the servers then asked to be in BFM

after 2 years in BFM i had to leave and now im back!!! =D

Offline Cr@zy

• Senior Poster
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2010, 09:33:37 PM »
well lets see i played halo for a long time offline before having internet, played a bit of ctf and slayer then found a race server which happened to be a BFM one. Imma go ahead and say i was easily banned within a minute of being on the server. I came to the forums as an angry young child then realized how sweet this place was. Got unbanned, did a ton of racing and joined up

Thanks H@ngm@n Soooo much for the Awesome sig!

Offline z00t

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2010, 08:21:06 PM »
I had been playing Halo PC off and on since 2003 and played alot of CTF,Slayer,Team Slayer and Oddball and never really gave racing a try up until last year. I have to say I was missing out since it really is alot of fun all I have to find now is some fulltime King servers.

Offline conrad96

• Regular Poster
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2010, 12:26:04 PM »
for me i just was like"hey theres race on halo...cool"
same here

thanks BFM_xsix for the awesome sig

thanks bfm_marine for the sig

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

hold on to to your potatoes!