Print 

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 1240 times)

Offline $olo

• Junior Poster
Greetings
« on: June 28, 2010, 12:07:14 PM »
Hi All..

Some know me from the British Racing Server others maybe from FUNs Nuclear Death Island.

UK Based hothead who doesn't like lots of talk and no action ... as Tanx, Trk and maybe a couple of others can attest to ...
I hate people getting multiple warnings and it getting reported for an entire race and nothing gets done about it except lots of screen-spam about bfm rules when the breaker doesn't care.

right, rant over ....

Hiya

Offline Trael

• Senior Poster
  • Hi Ho I live in a box...
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 12:08:32 PM »
hi :)
raced wuth ya a few times

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 01:24:28 PM »

Hi, thanks for the rant. It's moments like these that make it all worth while...

Welcome to the forums and hope to race with you soon!

Offline BFM_Fuzzy

• Major
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 02:11:23 PM »
Hello there.

Hope to see you on the tracks

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 03:38:09 PM »
Hey there...welcome to the forums.  I understand your point of view but let me see if I can point out just one of the many reason why we do things the way we do.  Let's say we changed our policies and became more strict and quicker to kick players especially when there are complaints.  The natural reaction to this would be that there would be a lot more complaints in the servers than there are now, many of which will not be legitimate complaints but be attempts to get someone removed from the server out of spite.  After all if complaining to an admin is what gets action then it is only common sense that people will do whatever it takes to get action...right?  Now...what if someone complained about you?  You know that their complaint is not valid but that is not going to matter as much now because we are taking a hard line and reacting to complaints.  Should we go ahead and remove you from the server based on that complaint or should an admin make sure the complaint is valid before punishing you for it?

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Offline $olo

• Junior Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 09:39:29 AM »
Hey All, thanks for the warm greetings ..

ok .. going to ruin the warm happy feeling again .. lol

Booyah, I understand and fully respect your stated position and I fully respect the BFM/bfm Players in the Server .. Tanx rocks!
BUT ... the Main incidents I was peeved about the 2 players in question had recieved multiple (8 or more ) warnings from BFM Players over 3 Maps and they were reported by Multiple people in the servers from both Teams... the response the bfm (and the rest of us) was "So what? you won't do anything" ... and they were right! Even today with Players "Conner" and "Un Vehiculo" hog camping,slaying and generally ignoring bfm crews and various players reporting them, they didn't care ...

Maybe adopting a Harder Line and Ban Policy instead of just a Kick will send a the message of "We will not Tolerate Abusive Players or Non-Racing Slaying" better than the screen being filled with "ATTENTION NO CAMPING, SNIPING OR TEAM-NADING" or variations .. that gets a bit distracting when you're trying to follow the Nav-Points and dodge incoming fire.

If people want to complain about me that's fine, I would happily tolerate a Ban and return here to state my case for unbanning.

Offline żNobodyż

• Senior Poster
  • LOL
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 10:30:54 AM »
Welcome and hope to see you soon on the tracks!  :yesyes:

Thanks JANE, Crimson, and Lucky for this AMAZING sig!~

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

///////^\\\\\\\          This is a tortoise. Copy and
 ____ ////////^\\\\\\\\         paste tortoise into your sig
/ @  |_______________\        so that it may save us from
\____|\______________/        the bunnies
           _||||    _||||
          (___|   (____|
(Go Marty's Turtle)

Print