Print 

Author Topic: 3 Halos, 2 computers???  (Read 1400 times)

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
3 Halos, 2 computers???
« on: June 29, 2010, 03:06:43 PM »
So after I had cleaned my room for the first time in about 10 years, I found an old copy of Halo that I had bought for one of the computers.  I couldn't find this box, so I had to buy a new one.  So now I have 3 Halo disks and 2 computers that have Halo installed.

My problem is this:  All the boxes have been opened (and I believe I have all 3 disks still), so at first glance I have no way to tell which disk is installed on which computer.  Is there a way to find out which computer has which disk without uninstalling and reinstalling?
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
Re: 3 Halos, 2 computers???
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 04:58:44 PM »
So after I had cleaned my room for the first time in about 10 years, I found an old copy of Halo that I had bought for one of the computers.  I couldn't find this box, so I had to buy a new one.  So now I have 3 Halo disks and 2 computers that have Halo installed.

My problem is this:  All the boxes have been opened (and I believe I have all 3 disks still), so at first glance I have no way to tell which disk is installed on which computer.  Is there a way to find out which computer has which disk without uninstalling and reinstalling?

It doesn't matter which disk you use: they're all IDENTICAL.

...Now if you're asking how to tell which CD KEY was used on which when you installed them, simply get and use the Halo CD Key Recovery Tool on each system to find which CD key was used where, and make note of that along with your three CD keys in a file somewhere.

Hint: Since I've used Virtual CD/DVD drives for ages, I've squirreled away text files containing the key for any/every game I've virtualized/installed as well, so I always have them all, even on my backups of my computers....

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
    • York Set/Tech Crew
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 05:13:38 PM »
yeah, that's what i meant, which cd key.
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 08:52:00 PM »
yeah, that's what i meant, which cd key.

So did you get the Recovery Tool and get it all sorted out?

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
    • York Set/Tech Crew
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 11:34:11 PM »
Well I got one cd key, just need to get the other one now.

Print