Print 

Author Topic: Lebron James  (Read 1268 times)

Offline ¿Nobody¿

• Senior Poster
  • LOL
Lebron James
« on: July 09, 2010, 01:45:58 PM »
Hey guys,
Did you guys hear about the Lebron James situation? He is going to MIAMI HEAT!! I personally thought he only cares about winning because if he stayed with the Cavs, he would've earned much more money than he would earn at Miami.

Thanks JANE, Crimson, and Lucky for this AMAZING sig!~

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

///////^\\\\\\\          This is a tortoise. Copy and
 ____ ////////^\\\\\\\\         paste tortoise into your sig
/ @  |_______________\        so that it may save us from
\____|\______________/        the bunnies
           _||||    _||||
          (___|   (____|
(Go Marty's Turtle)

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
Re: Lebron James
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 03:09:36 PM »
I am not a big sports fan but what I have been hearing on the news is just the opposite.  Florida has no state income tax and so he stands to pocket $6,000,000 more by not having to pay the taxes than in in Cleavland.  The reason people don't like his decision is because it is in fact all about the money.  Showing no loyalty and skipping out on a town that he once said was the only place he wanted to play and possibly giving away his chance to win championships...for a bigger pay day.  I don't begrudge him the opportunity to make more money but if that is what his goal is then he should have thought more about how he expressed himself earlier when he made it seem like he had so much loyalty to the Cavs.

A contrasting example of what I am talking about is the story of David Robinson from the Spurs.  He negotiated a contract that payed him the average of the salaries of the two highest paid players in the NBA.  This guaranteed he would be the 2nd highest paid player in the NBA for the rest of his career and would cause his salary to increase every time a new record high contract was signed by another player.  When he was faced with a choice between his pay day and his loyalty to his team this is what he did.  The Spurs were at their salary cap and could not afford and new talent.  David voluntarily gave up his once in a life time contract to give the spurs the money to pick up new players.  The result?  Two championships that David got to participate in and two more in the years to follow.  And he earned a level of loyalty, respect and affection from the people of San Antonio that almost no other player enjoys.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 03:26:30 PM by BFM_Booyah »

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Offline snowkiller

• Posts Too Much
  • The best team ever!
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 11:10:43 PM »
i think he did a good thing. Cavs arent going anywhere in the playoffs, its a one man show over there. the front office seems like a real mess over there. the roster that the heat are going to have sound like a good championship team. right now, james has more of a chance than NY, the cavs and all those other teams that wanted him combined. the fans can be mad all they want, say all they want, but its the Cavs fault. what have they even done this off season? fire their coach. thats all ive heard on SC. if the Cavs really wanted him, they should have done something.

Offline BFM_Edison

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 12:08:34 AM »
He would have had a better chance at a championship in Chicago in my opinion, but I admit that it would be odd the fill Michael Jordan's shoes. I don't think they'll win the championship. I'm doubtful as to whether they'll be getting a good center either. The hour long thing wasn't necessary though. He was going to end up talking about it on ESPN after he made a decision anyways.
52.87   60.07   46.40   72.73   68.23   55.10   98.27   84.73

Offline ¿Nobody¿

• Senior Poster
  • LOL
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 04:38:54 AM »
I agree with you Edison. He would've had a better chance at a championship in Chicago. Yet I also agree with you that the Heat will not be able to get a great center anyways.

Thanks JANE, Crimson, and Lucky for this AMAZING sig!~

(\__/)

///////^\\\\\\\          This is a tortoise. Copy and
 ____ ////////^\\\\\\\\         paste tortoise into your sig
/ @  |_______________\        so that it may save us from
\____|\______________/        the bunnies
           _||||    _||||
          (___|   (____|
(Go Marty's Turtle)

Offline ·WídgêT·

• Posts Too Much
  • Fail gun at your service
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 07:29:24 PM »
I'm torn, personally.

Normally I am not a man that follows NBA closely, but this summer for free agency did catch my eye for the sole purpose of seeing what LeBron James would do. The day that the Heat signed Chris Bosh to join the already immense talent of Dwayne Wade, I knew instantly James would quickly follow. Not because of the money and no state income tax, but because he wants to win a championship. Many people think it is about the money, but I tend to think otherwise. If it was, I believe he wouldn't have been so easy to give up the highest possible contract based on the salary cap. To a degree it may have had an influence, but I truly believe winning is his main goal.

That being said, lightning doesn't strike twice, especially in this league. The first Big 3 in Boston was able to meld extremely well, and the reason for that was it wasn't based around a star. Sure Paul Pierce was their best player, but he didn't carry himself like the big man on campus so to speak, so Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen were more easily accepted and were able to work together extremely well. Miami, on the other hand, has been somewhat of a one-man show as well since winning their championship a few years back. This is and will always be Dwayne Wade's team, and LeBron's personality may have negative reactions to that. Plus all the bad karma and the way he left Cleveland, I think, will catch up to him. The Cavaliers owner was right in saying that he betrayed the city (however, I still think the letter he sent in general was foolish and not well thought out to say the least).

I want LeBron to win a championship, because he definitely deserves one, especially coming so close to winning one in a city that has been an afterthought in sports for years, but if he continues to carry himself the way he has, it won't happen, and if it does, no one will like him for it. Booyah is right, success doesn't come from selfishness, and I would hate to see James become the new model for that idea.

2c

Thank you Tanger!

Not for wealth, rank, or honor, but for personal worth and character
Cheers, Marty!

http://8tracks.com/widget4nz
Check out my mixes and sign up for the site. It has yet to do me wrong

Offline REAPER.

• Junior Poster
  • REAPER
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 10:25:54 AM »
 :yesyes:
๘ஜ๑●♥ ** REAPER** ♥●๘ஜ๑

(\__/)

º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
¨°º¤ø„¸ REAPER!_! ¸„ø¤º°¨
¸„ø¤º°¨  HOLLA!!!   `°º¤ø„¸
¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º

!________________.♫♥.__________
!________________.♥♫♥.____________.♥. * .* ..
!________________.♥♫♥♫.______-.♥♫♥.* .* . * .
!________________.♥♫♥♫♥._-.♥♫♥♫. * .* .###################
!_______________.♥♫♥♫♥♫♥♫♥♫♥. * . * . * . * .
!__________-.♥♫♥♫♥♫♥♫♥♫♥♫♥. * .* .##############
!_____.♥♫♥♫♥♫♥♥♫♥♫♥♫♥♥♫♥♫♥. * . * . * . * ..
!__________-.♥♫♥♫♥♫♥♫♥♫♥♫♥. * . * . * .##################
!_______________.♥♫♥♫♥♫♥♫♥♫♥. * . * . * ..
!________________.♥♫♥♫♥._-.♫♥♫♥. * . *. * . * ..
!________________.♫♥♫♥.______-.♥♫♥.* .* ..
!________________.♥♫♥.____________.♥. * . *.

Offline BFM_Xtr3me

• BFM Admin
  • Without me, it's just aweso.
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 03:15:45 AM »
im not gonna say much even though basketball is my favourite sport!!!!

lebron james is the best player in nba right now in my opinion (and properbly every1 elses :))
if he really wanted a championship, he shouldve gone for the lakers or the celtics,
they have been the 2 top teams for the past couple of years and i dont think its really going to change next season

Xtr3me's Timeline in BFM
01/Jul/10 - First attempt at recruitment
07/Nov/10 - Second attempt at recruitment ;D
19/Dec/10 - Given Vent
30/Jan/11 - Given Little Tags
13/Mar/11 - Given Big Tags
26/Aug/11 - Promoted to Corporal
07/Feb/12 - Promoted to Sergeant
02/Nov/12 - Promoted to Lieutenant

Thankyou Lucky and Slayton

Offline snowkiller

• Posts Too Much
  • The best team ever!
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 09:14:47 PM »
im not gonna say much even though basketball is my favourite sport!!!!

lebron james is the best player in nba right now in my opinion (and properbly every1 elses :))

nope. koybe bryant.

Offline Bob Marley

• Senior Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 05:40:52 PM »
All these people hate him for going to Miami.  Personally, I woulda thought it would be cool if he stayed in Cleveland, but I think he made the right choice to go to the Miami Heat.  He will win a championship with the Heat, its a given and thats why he is playing basketball, to get that ring.

I live in MN and I was hurt when Kevin Garnett left the Timberwolves for the Celtics.  But look at KG now, superstar with a ring.

This is what Lebron is doing and he will have a ring and then I weill put money on it that he will thank Cleveland within 5 minutes.

KG thanked MN right off the bat when they won the championship against the Lakers and it was awesome.

Good luck King Bron

Print