Print 

Author Topic: animal farm  (Read 2270 times)

Offline conrad96

• Regular Poster
animal farm
« on: July 14, 2010, 10:35:37 AM »
i am doing an assignment for english honors :( and we are listing character traits in a book of our choice out of a book list. i chose animal farm cuz it only has 9 chapters. but now that we are listing traits of the main character, i wish i chose a different book. the protagonist seems to change with every chapter. (like my fancy english terms :P) so for those of you forumers who have read animal farm will you help me come to a decision about what character to list traits of.

the author of animal farm is George Orwell

thanks BFM_xsix for the awesome sig

thanks bfm_marine for the sig

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

hold on to to your potatoes!

~Brian Posehn

thanks legend for the awsome sig :D

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
Re: animal farm
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 09:26:16 PM »
Though the book may follow separate characters, there is usually only one character (or characters) that the book would revolve around.
Let's put it this way: you're writing a book from the view of one character, but you're telling the story of another character.  The main character could possibly be the other character and not the one you're following.

But anyway, in the case of Animal Farm, being that I read it almost 10 years ago, I can't remember much.  But I think I would consider the pig (or the one pig that seems to lead more) to be the main characters.
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Offline conrad96

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 05:48:09 AM »
thanks, it seems like every assignment im doing for this book has to do with the main character

thanks BFM_xsix for the awesome sig

thanks bfm_marine for the sig

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

hold on to to your potatoes!

~Brian Posehn

thanks legend for the awsome sig :D

Offline LEGO

• Senior Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 06:39:20 AM »
Ahhh Animal Farm; we did a novel study on it last year.  What a pain!!   :LOL:

Offline $olo

• Junior Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 09:58:52 PM »
it's an Amazing Read .. and film
You're right with what you said Though , Every Chapter has a different bearing and yes the protagonist DOES Change!
That was Orwells aim, to make us identify with some aspect of the characters in the story but also understand that Everyone has the ability to be a Troublemaker and See that within ourselves is all the elements of the story and we decide to what degree we maximise our lives.

like 1984 ... Orwell shows an amazing grasp of the psyche and he has the ability to make us study ourselves almost as much as the characters in a book

Print