Print 

Author Topic: HTML help? (RESOLVED)  (Read 2405 times)

Offline Flops

• Posts Too Much
  • ...This floor tastes funny
HTML help? (RESOLVED)
« on: July 24, 2007, 09:09:24 PM »
Ok, now I need help with the html stuff.  This is what the site gave me-

Just copy the different pieces of code into the appropriate parts of your site and create / upload your own custom result pages with the filenames listed below.

Head Code...
Copy and paste this code below between the <head> and </head> tags of your website.

Body Code...
Copy and paste this code below between the <body> and </body> tags of your website. Feel free to format the basic layout to match your site!

Upload Result Pages...
Upload a page for each of your results with the following filenames. Remember to upload these results in the same directory as your quiz!
•   Result1.html
•   Result2.html
•   Etc.html

I'd like each result page to just hold an image (a banner) for the result that the person gets, but the images would be hosted on imageshack and NOT my site.

I'm not sure how to create html.  I have the code they gave me saved in a word file, but I assume that it must be uploaded as an html file.  Also, will I need to edit the index.html the host gave me for the html pages I upload?

Old Post-

I just finished using this personality quiz generator to create my own quiz, but it says that I need to put the html code on my site.  I don't have a web site, so are there any decent free hosters I could put it on?  This quiz will be the only thing on there, and that includes seven results pages (where you're directed to after completing the quiz, depending on what you got).

Also, if anyone wants to help me actually put the code into the site, that'd be appreciated.

Thanks!  ;)

http://www.007ihost.com/ -would this be a good host?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 03:33:06 PM by BFM_Flops »

Offline Fralalala

• Regular Poster
  • This One Time I Was BFM_British...
Re: Good Free Web Sites? HTML help?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 08:33:11 AM »
Looks good to me, a free host is a free host right?  :evil:

Offline Flops

• Posts Too Much
  • ...This floor tastes funny
Re: HTML help?
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 01:51:33 PM »
Alright, I signed up and had no problems with the registration.  Now for the html stuff.

This is what the site gave me-

Just copy the different pieces of code into the appropriate parts of your site and create / upload your own custom result pages with the filenames listed below.

Head Code...
Copy and paste this code below between the <head> and </head> tags of your website.

Body Code...
Copy and paste this code below between the <body> and </body> tags of your website. Feel free to format the basic layout to match your site!

Upload Result Pages...
Upload a page for each of your results with the following filenames. Remember to upload these results in the same directory as your quiz!
•   Result1.html
•   Result2.html
•   Etc.html

I'd like each result page to just hold an image (a banner) for the result that the person gets, but the images would be hosted on imageshack and NOT my site.

I'm not sure how to create html.  I have the code they gave me saved in a word file, but I assume that it must be uploaded as an html file.  Also, will I need to edit the index.html the host gave me for the html pages I upload?

EDIT:  I just found this website that easily teaches the basic functions that I need to make the pages.  CASE CLOSED!  d_b
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 03:33:55 PM by BFM_Flops »

Print