Print 

Author Topic: zakpak learnin Gimp  (Read 5629 times)

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
  • Passive but NOT aggresive
zakpak learnin Gimp
« on: July 28, 2010, 11:13:55 AM »
Well i got GIMP and i made a sig i just need to get it here.ill be posting soon!ready for some sigs from the pak of zak???
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 06:20:05 PM by PR_zakpak »

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
Re: PR_zakpak getz his GIMP
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 12:17:42 PM »

there is my first sig everyone!yeah i know its terrible but hey its a first!

any requests?

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 12:35:24 PM »
Alright here's one i got for PR_Extr3me

pls comment

Offline Mith

• Posts Too Much
  • Gandalf to the rescue
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 01:00:39 PM »
You really just put some text on a picture.  I would recommend downloading some brushes and fiddling around with some effects.  Try doing a background on your own and putting a render on it.  You can find lots of cool tutorials on youtube and other sites probably.

Thanks Vintage, it's awesome!

"Ah, but a man's reach should extend his grasp, or what's a heaven for?"

What's this kiwi y'all are talking about?  Sounds like a fruit.
The Journey of Mith
Applied for BFM-March 9, 2008
Given Vent-April 29, 2008
Little Tags-May 26, 2008
Big Tags-July 24, 2008
Corporal-January 8, 2009
Left BFM-July 26, 2009
Little Tags Again-October 26, 2009
Big Tags Again-January 10, 2010
Corporal Again-August 8, 2010

Offline Lucky

• Posts Too Much
  • Just do what makes you happy. JKLOL
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 01:04:53 PM »
You really just put some text on a picture.  I would recommend downloading some brushes and fiddling around with some effects.  Try doing a background on your own and putting a render on it.  You can find lots of cool tutorials on youtube and other sites probably.

Agreed, nothing special

For a real sig you need to start from scratch

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 01:27:19 PM »

Everyone's first attempts are going to look like "nothing special", no need to spell it out. I barely knew what a render was when I started, let alone how to work them into an image. Text is really easy and a good way to start. Maybe one day he'll be as good as you, Lucky. ::)

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 02:39:30 PM »
lol i feel the need to post the other sig i made that couldve been used in that thread about you JANE lol

absolutely nothing special was just bored XD

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 02:57:02 PM »
When I started I thought the render was he back ground! xD A few tips: download some cool brushes of the net (just type in 'GIMP brushes' into Google) and fiddle around with the effects (trust me, even I don't really know how to use many effects) and try making a background! I used YouTube a few times to get some tut's and they worked ok.  By the way, can anyone here teach me how to use some effects? You could teach me and Zakpak together, you could become your own year 7/grade 7 teacher! xD

~Panther

C.     ~~

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

............................................................ ............................................................
..........        ..........      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
.........    ..    .........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
........    ....    ........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
.......              .......      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....            ........
......     ......     .......     ......     .................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
.....     ........     .......     ....     ..................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
....     ..........     ........           ......                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
........................................................... .............................................................

Btw just cuz Ben1 haz a higher pitched voice doesn't make him better than meh D:

I miss mah squeakeh voice D: Its harder to be the stereotypical kid on Xbox now :(

The Best Quote Ever By Exodus:

"I will get you unbanned in the next few days. In the meantime go easy on the caffeine."

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 02:58:25 PM »
lol good idea panther :P

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 03:03:12 PM »
xD

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

............................................................ ............................................................
..........        ..........      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
.........    ..    .........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
........    ....    ........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
.......              .......      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....            ........
......     ......     .......     ......     .................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
.....     ........     .......     ....     ..................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
....     ..........     ........           ......                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
........................................................... .............................................................

Btw just cuz Ben1 haz a higher pitched voice doesn't make him better than meh D:

I miss mah squeakeh voice D: Its harder to be the stereotypical kid on Xbox now :(

The Best Quote Ever By Exodus:

"I will get you unbanned in the next few days. In the meantime go easy on the caffeine."

Offline Mith

• Posts Too Much
  • Gandalf to the rescue
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 06:32:56 PM »
Any time you have a question on GIMP, feel free to PM me and I would be more then willing to help.   I haven't used all the effects, so there are lots I can't help you out with, but I'm sure I could show you a few.  Always fun to help out a new fellow GIMP user.  :)

Thanks Vintage, it's awesome!

"Ah, but a man's reach should extend his grasp, or what's a heaven for?"

What's this kiwi y'all are talking about?  Sounds like a fruit.
The Journey of Mith
Applied for BFM-March 9, 2008
Given Vent-April 29, 2008
Little Tags-May 26, 2008
Big Tags-July 24, 2008
Corporal-January 8, 2009
Left BFM-July 26, 2009
Little Tags Again-October 26, 2009
Big Tags Again-January 10, 2010
Corporal Again-August 8, 2010

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 06:41:59 PM »
well i just found a set of tutorials on the filters and it shws the effects. soon enough ill be making real sigs!

Offline Awesome

• Junior Poster
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 06:51:37 PM »
i just started today i only made one. its nothin special but i like it and am using it

Thanks Blitz!!

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2010, 07:06:50 PM »
lol your not alone .i just started today lol.i couldnt figure out how to put text XD.i just found a BUNCH of tutorials about it if you would like help

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2010, 08:46:42 AM »
Well i decide to do a mario picture for my brother (6 yrs old  ::) ) if anyone wants it i can change the name i rly dont care lol

Print