Print 

Author Topic: ANOTHER mic problem....  (Read 1873 times)

Offline ºReFº

• Senior Poster
ANOTHER mic problem....
« on: October 12, 2007, 01:26:14 PM »
Well I did buy a new mic since the old one I could only hear out of one side of the headset.

This mic was working fine for the first few days. I unplugged it and used it with my laptop and all was well, I come back and plug it in my desktop all the way in (like normal) and no one can hear me (it wasn't vent or anything). I go to my sound recorded to make sure it wasn't muted or anything and sound recorded picked up nothing. I unplugged the mic a tiny bit so it was still plugged in and it worked fine for a day. I use it again with my laptop, all is well, now today, I come back to plug it in and no sound I repeat steps but this time it has to be perfectly plugged in for it to work, but it won't stay where it's supposed to work, it's unplugged TOO much.

I hope that made some sort of sense and if any1 can help me out it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 03:59:34 PM by BFM_ºReFº »

Offline ThE BrIcK

• Posts Too Much
Re: ANOTHER mic problem....
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 06:26:06 PM »
Do you have a warranty on it?
BFM History
Application - 9/23/06
Little Tags - 2/17/07
Big Tags - 4/3/07
Corporal - 3/9/08
Sergeant - 8/15/08
Lieutenant - 9/27/08
Captain - 7/4/09
Resignation - 5/20/10

Offline ºReFº

• Senior Poster
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 06:59:05 PM by BFM_ºReFº »

Offline ThE BrIcK

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 08:34:46 AM »
That CA one at the top. It says Microphones, that was my first one. It was good for awhile, but it's  pain. There's no clip for it so you can't put it on your shirt.

I don't see a warranty on it. I find that Gigaware has the best headsets. You might wanna check those out. They're cheap too. the ones I have were 15 dollars.
BFM History
Application - 9/23/06
Little Tags - 2/17/07
Big Tags - 4/3/07
Corporal - 3/9/08
Sergeant - 8/15/08
Lieutenant - 9/27/08
Captain - 7/4/09
Resignation - 5/20/10

Offline Slanzinger

• Regular Poster
  • Wakka wakka wakka Saturn wakka wakka...
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 03:42:42 PM »
Have you tried your sound settings, if it doesn't work with a particular computer?
Check your Vent settings to see if the "input device" is correct (For me, I have the choice between AC'97 or USB Camera) - this may have got changed somehow.
Also, I've seen some people (incl. myself) having issues with AC'97 cards. Sometimes the software (should appear as a blue square with yellow ripples coming out of a point, if you have it) messes up which connector it's going to see as which, so the pink socket gets assigned to something else. I'd say look through all sound manager software you have (Most will appear under Control Panel) to see if you can reassign the connectors.
(In my case, it needed to be set so that it was all "UAJ Automatic", but the AC97 drivers vary hugely from card to card)
wakka wakka wakka Saturn wakka wakka wakka...

Offline A41~Gunnin

• Junior Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 04:22:52 PM »
I have had similar problems with my mic and what i discovered was that I had to go into sounds and manually change it to headset before I opened up vent.  Anything opened before I change it to headset will not come through headset unless I close and reopen.  If that does not help (which prob wont because nothing I ever say does) You might have a loose wire inyour comp if you say has to be in there just perfect.  good luck

Print