Print 

Author Topic: map downloading  (Read 3451 times)

Offline Sarge the Heavy

• Junior Poster
  • Lets GOooo
map downloading
« on: October 13, 2007, 05:03:28 AM »
since im obviously doing something wrong downloading, how do you download maps?
the problem is i do not see a maps folder anywhere.
if possible, can some1 do a screenie of where their map folder is so i can get an idea where it is?

thanks for the sig Tanxs1

thanks plix

thanks batman

Offline Bleach

• Senior Poster
Re: map downloading
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 10:25:49 AM »
you need to open up explorer and browse to your Halo CE directory(where you installed it -- wherever that is --) and the browse to the Mmaps folder under that folder -- then you need to copy the map you downloaded and paste it into that maps folder--- the only reason the Maps folder would ever be on your desktop  is one of two things, either you installed CE onto your desktop(doubt it) or you created a shortcut(more likly)

anyway the maps folder is NOT on your desktop it is in the Halo CE directory\maps,

I posted this in the other thread you created -- read it and see if it helps
A part of the winning teams for season 9, 10, 13, 17, 18 and now 19. Thanks for all of the great memories guys :D

Offline BFM_NavyJHk

• Colonel
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 09:32:09 PM »
I'm having the same problem and don't know what to do.  There is no map folder at all.  Nowhere. I've checked the folder, the desktop, everywhere I can find.  I've tried moving the 'zip' folder to every section of the Halo CE folder possible, and it doesn't help.  I can't add any maps because of this, and don't know where to put them.  Aaaaaaaaanyone know what to do?
Thank you Kàkà§hì!

Offline A41~CET

• Junior Poster
  • Screaming Eagles!!!
    • My Photobucket album
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 07:14:09 AM »
If you know where your where your zip files are you are going to have to unzip them. 

1st you must find your maps folder.

If you are runing windows do the following.

Go to MyComputer

Local Disk C  (or whatever your main disk drive is)

Program Files

Microsoft Games

Halo Custom Edition

Your map file will be in there. 

All you will have to do then is unzip your new maps into your map file in the Halo Custom Edition.

I hope this helps

Offline Bleach

• Senior Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 03:59:04 PM »
ok, here i will try to explain this a little bit better I guess, WHEREVER you installed Halo CE is where the maps folder will be.

For me it is in the following

G:\Programs\Games\Halo CE

now for you, it could be anywhere.. It could very well be under your main hard drive\program files\microsoft games\Halo Custom Edition\

The point im trying to make is that it could be anywhere you chose to install Halo CE

If you chose to install it in the default directory it would most likly be under C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\Maps

now if you chose to install it ANYWHERE else, it is under the Halo Custom Edition folder \maps

now, if nothing else of this works, and you do already have Halo CE installed all of the way, then go to Start->Search and search in all files and folders and search for bloodgulch.map
there should be two results if you only have the Basic Halo and Halo CE installed. One should be your Halo PC maps directory and the other should be in your Halo CE maps folder!!!

try that if nothing else works
A part of the winning teams for season 9, 10, 13, 17, 18 and now 19. Thanks for all of the great memories guys :D

Offline BFM_NavyJHk

• Colonel
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 09:42:46 PM »
*hugs*

Yay, thank you bleach  :yesyes:

I had to go search it down, and found it somewhere not even related to halo XD
Thank you Kàkà§hì!

Print