Print 

Author Topic: DNS problem [FIXED]  (Read 1259 times)

Offline Awesome

• Junior Poster
DNS problem [FIXED]
« on: September 10, 2010, 05:01:02 PM »
ok on my computer the DNS went missing? OP Windows XP i just need some help on how to figure out how to get it back i used to know it for vista but not XP so any help would be great
Thanks
-Justin
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 08:46:42 PM by Justin »

Thanks Blitz!!

Offline Ben-BSH

• Posts Too Much
Re: DNS problem
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 07:31:33 PM »
DNS went missing?  :interesting:

What brings you to that conclusion? and what is the issue? did you have to connect to the forums via an IP? ;D

Offline Awesome

• Junior Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 07:41:15 PM »
Used my cell phone to type that ;D any way yeah i checked via comand prompt and it wasnt there wen i searched ipconfig ... I think it might be the roghter tho because the DHCS thing cant rememeber how its spelt but thats not responding either.

Thanks Blitz!!

Offline Awesome

• Junior Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 08:06:01 PM »
hmmm... i just turned it back on to see if a problem still existed and it did so i tried swapping ports for the wireless card and it worked? not sure what the prob was but it appears to be fine now

Thanks Blitz!!

Offline Taipan™

• Posts Too Much
Re: DNS problem [FIXED]
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 12:22:04 AM »
I have always manually set my IP and DNS on the client side because of all the port forwarding I do. So if push comes to shove just determine what your DNS addresses are (either ipconfig when it is working or login to the router to find out) and just manually define them.

Where you define it is in Network Connections, right click on the device your using > Select Internet Protocol (TCPIP) (or Version 4 TCP/IPv4 for Vista and W7) > Properties

However most DNS or network issue can be fixed by either disabling/enabling your network device or restarting your router :)

Offline Awesome

• Junior Poster
Re: DNS problem [FIXED]
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 01:16:04 AM »
thanks for the info ill remember to do that if it happens again but im going to leave it for now. like i always say dont fiw what isnt broken and if it is broken break it some more.

Thanks Blitz!!

Print