Print 

Author Topic: Jumping out to save life?  (Read 913 times)

Offline Bulk

• Regular Poster
  • hey hey hey!
Jumping out to save life?
« on: October 08, 2010, 04:23:52 PM »
Earlier today i was gunning on Sidewinder and i saw a rocket coming straight towards our hog while we were stuck on the ice, i knew it was gonna hit us but i stuck it out till the end shouting 'bad times' on vent

i was just wondering if it is allowable in a situation like this to hop outta the hog even if you are a gunner to try and avoid being killed or if you should be noble and accept fate :L

thankls

BULK
TY MiG for the Siggeh xD
Bit harsh tbh, thought i was at least nice sometimes :P

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
Re: Jumping out to save life?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 10:40:35 PM »

You are allowed to jump out if the hog is stuck with a nade, and I would say this falls into the same category.  It's rare you see a rocket coming from a long way off AND are stuck on ice and KNOW you won't be able to get moving and the rocket is 100% going to hit you.  But I don't see anything wrong with hopping out, and getting right back in after the rocket does its thing.

If your driver is killed, it might be better to die with him and hopefully spawn together and pair up again.  As opposed to jumping out, watching your hog rocketed across the map and having to walk after it, wondering if you'll get there before it respawns.

Print