Print 

Author Topic: Runescape!!  (Read 459911 times)

Offline Kangajack

• Newbie Poster
  • Be strong, live strong, die strong.
Re: Runescape!!
« Reply #2115 on: January 17, 2011, 03:39:52 AM »
old news. Lets get back playing people :)
The worlds not perfect, thats what makes it beautiful
We are all Sinners

Offline ¥Mderms¥

• Posts Too Much
  • Muffins
« Reply #2116 on: January 17, 2011, 04:27:40 AM »
I think that's totally unfair. If the vote had gone the other way, what do you think the chances are that JAgex would have been able to carry on with their plans? None.

I respectfully disagree. Jagex is, after all, a company. And as a company they are (usually) motivated in preserving the best interests of said company.

I'm of course under no illusions that this was suggested to us on a whim, of course they'll have discussed it for a while and even worked through how it might be done. But a 70% "no" vote would certainly have put a hold on that - at least in the form it's in today.

Of course they discussed it for awhile!

Be that as it may though, there were still more pkers out there that voted for yes than skillers/questers/people who didn't give a crap either way out there. Its a known fact that a large portion of Jagexs' playerbase dropped off the map and cancelled memberships after the revocation of the wild the first time, and, again, as a company, Jagex tweaked the pker's collective noses back into their favor again with this whole scheme, just to collect more revenue.

As I've stated before, I honestly couldn't care less either way, I'm a skiller, not a killer, I'm just saying the wild was removed for a reason...
Quote from: Paul Gower
...It was never something we wanted to have to do, but we felt backed into a corner by the huge number of rule breakers who were proving to be a threat to the very existence of the game.
I just hope they don't make the same mistakes they made the first time around.

Either way, this isn't gonna stop me from playing. I've been around Runescape since about 2004 and I've been through the good times, and the bad. I managed to avoid the dangers of the Wild before, I'll do it again.

Just my  2c

And KangaJack is right. Whatever happens, happens.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 04:42:42 AM by ¥Mderms¥ »

Offline jim360

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #2117 on: January 17, 2011, 07:29:32 AM »
I think that's totally unfair. If the vote had gone the other way, what do you think the chances are that JAgex would have been able to carry on with their plans? None.

I respectfully disagree. Jagex is, after all, a company. And as a company they are (usually) motivated in preserving the best interests of said company.

I'm of course under no illusions that this was suggested to us on a whim, of course they'll have discussed it for a while and even worked through how it might be done. But a 70% "no" vote would certainly have put a hold on that - at least in the form it's in today.

Of course they discussed it for awhile!

Be that as it may though, there were still more pkers out there that voted for yes than skillers/questers/people who didn't give a crap either way out there. Its a known fact that a large portion of Jagexs' playerbase dropped off the map and cancelled memberships after the revocation of the wild the first time, and, again, as a company, Jagex tweaked the pker's collective noses back into their favor again with this whole scheme, just to collect more revenue.

As I've stated before, I honestly couldn't care less either way, I'm a skiller, not a killer, I'm just saying the wild was removed for a reason...
Quote from: Paul Gower
...It was never something we wanted to have to do, but we felt backed into a corner by the huge number of rule breakers who were proving to be a threat to the very existence of the game.
I just hope they don't make the same mistakes they made the first time around.

Either way, this isn't gonna stop me from playing. I've been around Runescape since about 2004 and I've been through the good times, and the bad. I managed to avoid the dangers of the Wild before, I'll do it again.

Just my  2c

And KangaJack is right. Whatever happens, happens.

I think it would have been not in Jagex's interest had they gone against the public. Other than that I'm pretty much with you. Only went into the wildy when I needed to, and I avoid PvP worlds like the plague.
Check out my Short introduction... corner and my "Historical figures who should perhaps be better-known" thread!!

Exciting videos: 1.1 / 1.2 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
« Reply #2118 on: January 17, 2011, 08:13:22 AM »
The clock is ticking! Wilderness and free trade will return in 2 weeks :yesyes:

Offline Tanxs1

• Posts Too Much
  • There there, it's ok....
    • Hehehehehe...
« Reply #2119 on: January 17, 2011, 08:52:03 AM »
I don't play runescape anymore, but I'm not a fan of this update.

Let's think of the regular player who isn't a skiller or a pker. How is he/she going to know how much items are worth street price? Before, there was limits so it was alot easy. Now, you might not know what every single item in RS is worth (kudos if you do!). I think runescape has a page where it suggests prices (dunno), but people can now make up there own price, and there might me a generally accepted "street price" that will be alot higher/lower than what the page says. I wouldn't want to have keep searching an item to make sure I don't get scammed.

They should think of everybody, even the 10% of people. There should be half of the worlds in RS have a dangerous wild, and the other half doesn't. Or, just a few safe wild worlds.

And the best thing for the company is to keep 90% of their population pleased.

Offline jim360

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #2120 on: January 17, 2011, 09:42:02 AM »
It's for that reason that I voted don't mind. I'm cool with the wilderness being a pker haven, that was always kind of a fun risk. When I was a low level, mind, I didn't have anything to risk really. On the other hand free trade worries me a little. How would that work? How could the GE work with no market price? It is, after all, a sort of stock exchange market, where fixed prices are rather important.

If they're going to change it into something resembling an auction room, then perhaps they should have a guide price attached to each item, which should perhaps be chosen to match the price trend of the last few weeks of the GE price. So, say, if the Dragon Pickaxe is worth 9mil at the moment but is falling (and it actually is), then they might choose a "guide price" of 8.5mil.

But then how might trade work? If we're going to use the auction model, which seems to me the best way (not trying to turn things too much into Ebay, mind), then there'd have to be, for the seller, a reserve price and some sort of period to allow bids to be made. And for the buyer he'd have to be told that items were actually available, and maybe an idea of how successful his bid is likely to be. This is less important for commonly-traded items like dragon bones, herbs, logs and so on, but when you get to the rare items, they'd have their own market and surely need to be handled in this sort of manner.

All of this would seem to suggest that the release date of February 1st was already pencilled in, since I don't believe that it would be possible to make these changes in a fortnight. Unless, of course, they have another, simpler way of making free trade work with the GE.

For myself, I would have voted "YES" for a return of the old wilderness and an increase in the trade limit (to, say, 100,000 or 15%, whichever is higher) but I think that free trade is going to make it harder to buy items needed for skills such as prayer, herblore and so on.
Check out my Short introduction... corner and my "Historical figures who should perhaps be better-known" thread!!

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
« Reply #2121 on: January 17, 2011, 09:48:14 AM »
There used to exist many websites with the Street prices. Of course you could buy anything for 1gp or for 100M but of course people would not sell it for that price.

Btw it's not 90% of the population, it's 91% :P

And jim the Grand Exchange makes things a lot easier since you don't have to go to Falador park and shout the item you want to buy/sell

Offline Tanxs1

• Posts Too Much
  • There there, it's ok....
    • Hehehehehe...
« Reply #2122 on: January 17, 2011, 11:18:15 AM »
Btw it's not 90% of the population, it's 91% :P

Woah! This thing was more supported than I thought!

And jim the Grand Exchange makes things a lot easier since you don't have to go to Falador park and shout the item you want to buy/sell

I'm not sure Milz. Being an item can be from 1gp to 1000000mil, it might take alot longer to buy/sell your items if you don't know how much it's worth. You might think Abyssal Whip is 10mil (Ok, listen. I know it isn't, just giving examples), but it might really be 7mil and it isn't selling (JUST an example! Gosh!). Might be easier to negotiate the prices in person :).

I imagine it would go something like this.

Seller: Hey tanxs, wona buy my Abysaal whip for 1mil?
Tanxs1: Mmm, that sounds reasonable. But let me buy it for 10mil or the deals OFF!
Seller: Deal!
Tanxs1's thoughts: Wow, I sure scammed him! I got the price what I wanted. Tanxs1, you are one negotiator!
Seller's thoughts: ............ play along with this ................

Offline BFM_SWiFT

• BFM Admin
« Reply #2123 on: January 17, 2011, 06:12:16 PM »
Three60, all they are doing with the GE is removing the upper and lower limits. It'll be exactly the same without boundaries of limits. So whichever buyer is closest to the seller's price will obtain the item (just as the current system).

And Tanxs, free trade sounds difficult I know. Having played since Dec 2002, I'm very used to free trade. You will find that players will sell items for basically a consistent price. Sites such as RuneHQ or TipIt will have a street price listed. You can just quickly have a look there, and 9 times out of 10 you will find players selling for that price. You learn how to deal with other players (and never to trust anyone).

If you aren't used to these things, and started playing 2008+, it sounds daunting. But trust me, give the wilderness and free trade a go and you won't be disappointed.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 06:15:44 PM by BFM_SWiFT »

Offline Eagle

• Junior Poster
  • Fly high every1
« Reply #2124 on: January 17, 2011, 06:37:54 PM »

Decided to post mine ^_^ currently trying to get 99 defense will take awhile though around 120k till 90 defense :D

Offline BFM_SWiFT

• BFM Admin
« Reply #2125 on: January 17, 2011, 07:26:40 PM »
The Hati Wolf was a great idea by Jagex in my opinion. There's usually a few players there killing it, so it's not too hard. I got the double exp gloves and decorative wolf hat first kill. Apparently it is a 80% drop rate.

If you're going to do it, I advise bringing decent armour, food and prayer pots. Only solo it if your high level as it is I think level 654. It attacks with both melee and magic, where the magic attack hits more than one player at a time.

Offline TheAlmightyZoo

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #2126 on: January 17, 2011, 10:56:31 PM »
I actualy voted mroe then once  :siderofl: I don't know how but it worked I voted yes and no.
yes to freetrade
no to wildy

I dont realy bother about the wild because I don't play runescape much anymore and im not going to a member anymore as well.  The only thing that was good in the wildy was the dragons which are being relocated anyway.  I also hate revs.  The wreck everything =D  I got pinned by 3 revs at end of wildy and lost a casket (hard) that was maddly working on for 2 days.  Including 4 quests 3 puzzle boxe's 3 kills, riddles and co-ordinates etc...

By the way muhahahahahha I play EVE now (14 day trial) and other games

Offline Benjy

• Posts Too Much
  • "Who Dares Wins"
« Reply #2127 on: January 19, 2011, 04:50:06 PM »
Been a while scince i posted here (too much black ops mind you) but i'm subscribed to a guy called Nightmare on youtube, most of  you may have heard of him and in one of his daily vlogs, he said something about the G.E and what would happen.

I know what would happen. People, like me and some of the old players, would either quit or go back to standing in the bank for at least half an hour to buy/sell something and new players, well they wouldnt know what hard work was like before G.E was brought into the wonderful world of RS.
And nightmare said sumthing about Jagex was actually considering getting rid of it.. I dont know what, mabey because thats just the way JageX is liek coz their stupid tbh.

In other news im close to 99 wcing (:

-  Benjy

Applied for recruitment, August, 30th, 2009
Vent access, 10th, October, 2009 Giving by BFM_Slim
First ever Scrim, 19th October, 2009
Small tags, 28th October, 2009 By BFM_JANE and BFM_ Kiwi
Big tags, 31st Decmeber, 2009 By BFM_Slim and BFM_Elvis.
Thanks to my awsomeness Sgt. d3 for getting me through
Received Corporal, 21st of April
Drop Corporal, N/A
Dropped tags April 16, 2012
Little tags are back, 29 Dec, 2012 :D
Picked up big tags again, N/A

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
« Reply #2128 on: January 19, 2011, 06:26:20 PM »
I've started playing again after 6 months and I got to say that the Free trade and wildy is the reason I'm playing again. Had great times in the past and looking forward to have some more now.

Offline jim360

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #2129 on: January 20, 2011, 04:09:05 AM »
The hati gloves have been very useful for training ranged. I've gone from level 65 to level 71 on only about 3 or 4 hours of playing time.

And as a result, I'm now ranked inside the top 1,000,000 players in every skill. Woot.

Print