Print 

Author Topic: Runescape!!  (Read 460000 times)

Offline Plixity

• Posts Too Much
  • I'm in your base, killing your mans.
Re: Runescape!!
« Reply #480 on: December 10, 2007, 09:41:46 PM »
Hey, Navy, dibs on a partyhat! Lawl ;D.

Power, so true. For a while I didn't know how to moderate it, I'd just keep playing. I've finally quit (for the most part; still log on every once in a while), but I do still enjoy talking about it =].

Offline Fuzion

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #481 on: December 10, 2007, 10:09:42 PM »
:o, I play runescape once a week, like powergamer said"Play it with moderation" because it's addict.

Signature by AR~H@ngm@n
(July 07)

Offline VxT

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #482 on: December 11, 2007, 01:13:10 AM »
Navy can't give phats soon anyways.

No more than 3K difference per trade.

Makes sense..

Thanks Hangman!

Water found on Mars!

Offline Atroxide

• Junior Poster
  • Alias: TexasMd91
« Reply #483 on: December 11, 2007, 10:19:58 PM »
Why should you have fun without paying?

Why should F2P ruin the game for P2P.

Bots >> staking etc.

If the game should be P2P only, then half the people who play wouldn't be able to play. Do you think Jagex wants people to talk like this.

"I'm thinking about playing RuneScape."

"No, don't play that, you have to pay now."
"Wow, that's stupid. Why would they do that? That cuts the number of people who play in half."
"I know, that's the worst mistake they've ever made."

Why should you have to pay for horrible graphics? I can deal with it. It's free so why should I complain?

Don't count on this happening VxT. If this happens, people will switch to WOW. Basically the same game, better graphics, and I believe its the same fee. Which, you don't have to pay if you play in a private server.

BTW, I thought you quit VxT..??

WoW = 15 dollars a month
RS = 5 dollars a month

and the new updates are really bad.

Bounty Hunt is pretty bad considering I am lvl 103 which is close to the minimum for the highest portal.

My lvl 99 friend with 99 range, 99 str, 95 magic, 1 def is off owning noobs in the medium portal while I am stuck in the high portal getting owned by all the clans...

Jagex ruined the game.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 10:25:29 PM by TexasMd »
Alias: TexasMd91

"Everything that can be invented has been invented." Charles H. Duell, Commissioner of the United States Office of Patents, recommending that his office be abolished, 1899.
"Heavierthanair flying machines are impossible." Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895."
"There is no likelihood man can ever tap the power of the atom." Robert Millikan, Nobel Prize winner for physics, 1923.

Offline Fuzion

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #484 on: December 11, 2007, 11:33:54 PM »
I haven't been on, but 2 runescape mates told me the same.   :-\

Signature by AR~H@ngm@n
(July 07)

Offline Plixity

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #485 on: December 12, 2007, 12:14:25 AM »
They murdered RS :(.

They're doing this to essentially stop bots, and it will probably work, but they hung themselves with their own plan. Bots were a key part of the economy; they did what most players didn't. Power mine/power woodcut. Think about it, say you decided you want 99 firemaking. You're probably not going to go out and cut the millions of logs (or however many) needed yourself, right? Why should you when you can just buy them? Eventually a majority of the materials will be used up, and the majority of the lazy RSers won't have anything to do, because they're to lazy to go cut the logs themselves. They'd most likely end up quitting, thus making Jagex lose $5 per person quitting. They ruined merchanting which too was a pretty big part of the economy. With their duel arena plan, Jagex make hundreds of people quit. With the trade restrictions there goes another easy thousand. There were SO many merchanters is was insane. No more drop parties at a friends 99 party, either. Jagex finally succeeded in stopping real-world trading, but in the process pretty much ruined the game for everyone else. They now control EVERY aspect of Runescape, even the economy. Soon people can't even give each other gifts. I'm sorry, but that was a stupid move on Jagex's part.

Yep, thats my 2 cents.

Offline Fuzion

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #486 on: December 12, 2007, 12:29:55 AM »
Yup, It's a chain, but they are taking that risk.Also when you see a noob with a phat, you said "omg" some of them botters,or people who have botters, when you go to mem or f2p worlds you see tons of them cutting yews. But I would give everyone a blue phat if I were Jagex Woot.

Signature by AR~H@ngm@n
(July 07)

Offline BFM_NavyJHk

• Colonel
« Reply #487 on: December 12, 2007, 12:31:38 AM »
I've never pk'ed more than a granite maul while actually REAL pking. (not givebacks)

I've never staked more than a Rune Scimmy.

I never wasted my time merchanting when I could work on skills.

.... And yet, this is still the worst update ever.  They've wasted so many people's time creating characters best suited for certain things, they've essentially made the game exactly what they want... powergrinding to the next level, which gives them more money because you spend more time doing the EXACT same things as other people do. 

What, for me, is the worst update part, is taking away the trading.  The only thing I ever even did in the past year was hunt the boss monsters.  Most of those require a team.  Their lootshare system is absolutely worthless.  A friend gets an Armadyl hilt drop, and I have to wait 1,526,321 more boss kills later until I can even get one.  They needed to make it split up among everyone in the lootshare.. otherwise it's impossible to share it at all.  They've FORCED us to use the price manipulating grand exchange, and force us to play the game how they want us.  What's even more sad, is the thousand of people in-game still rioting about it, even though it will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, because Jagex is so determined to eliminate RWT.  Honestly, I could care less about the person buying his gold... I just play for fun.  Was fun while it lasted... but when I can't even give a friend 1M for his birthday or to help him out... you know the game has gone to waste.
Thank you Kàkà§hì!

Offline VxT

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #488 on: December 12, 2007, 01:07:17 AM »
I'm guessing it's all a test.

For when they bring out "Mechscape"

They see what works, and what doesn't.

They can't exactly fix Runescape now, so may as well test on it.

Thanks Hangman!

Water found on Mars!

Offline Plixity

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #489 on: December 12, 2007, 12:35:14 PM »
Navy, thats so true. I haven't really used the loot-share, but I've heard my brother complaining about it now that they've released this "update". Runescape is pretty much a tyranny now. Jagex can't pull this one out of the gutter, no matter what they do. Unless they make membership free, which isn't going to happen. Even if they did that, I'm not convinced it'd do much.

Offline ThE BrIcK

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #490 on: December 12, 2007, 04:21:23 PM »
Navy, thats so true. I haven't really used the loot-share, but I've heard my brother complaining about it now that they've released this "update". Runescape is pretty much a tyranny now. Jagex can't pull this one out of the gutter, no matter what they do. Unless they make membership free, which isn't going to happen. Even if they did that, I'm not convinced it'd do much.

True dat
BFM History
Application - 9/23/06
Little Tags - 2/17/07
Big Tags - 4/3/07
Corporal - 3/9/08
Sergeant - 8/15/08
Lieutenant - 9/27/08
Captain - 7/4/09
Resignation - 5/20/10

Offline JuiceBox!

• Senior Poster
  • The personal text I wanted to put here was too lon
« Reply #491 on: December 12, 2007, 04:32:12 PM »
Wow, I am so very glad that I quit Runescape when I did. Merchanting was my "skills" that I would use to make money. I would fletch magic longbows and high alch them. Then after I got tired of that, I would use the money I made with alching and merchant it.

JAGEX HAS OFFICIALLY RUINED RUNESCAPE.

P.S. It also makes me very mad, even though I don't play... That you can't even give your friends FREE stuff anymore! You can't go, "Hey dude, I hope you have a really good birthday today, here's a Whip to make it even better." But nope, won't work anymore!

Offline Zooka

• Junior Poster
« Reply #492 on: December 12, 2007, 04:47:47 PM »
r.i.p.   Runescape

:'(

-JANE

Offline ThE BrIcK

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #493 on: December 12, 2007, 04:54:27 PM »
BFM History