Print 

Author Topic: A Difficult One  (Read 1405 times)

Offline $olo

• Junior Poster
A Difficult One
« on: October 28, 2010, 04:47:39 AM »
Hey Bosspeople ...

Right, I've found out it's ok to jump out of a Lone hog to defend yourself while under attack,
it's ok to jump out when your hog is Stickied ..

But, here's one for you ....

I was racing in #1 earlier on and we were in "Ice fields" (I think that's the Map with the Bridge ..) and I had come off the Bridge in my Hog and fallen out, I was trying to get back into my Hog when I saw an Enemy Hog (Lone Driver) swerving right at me, So I jumped back, stickied and shot the Enemy Hog then got into mine and carried on Racing to Next Nav ... Leaving the enemy hog and corpse behind ...

now was I wrong to do this or was this within the "Defense Rules" ?

Offline Wic

• Posts Too Much
Re: A Difficult One
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 07:32:50 AM »
Hi $olo,

Simple answer on this one :)
As you have described it here, you were quite right to defend yourself if you were in imminent danger of being run over.    This would apply at any time you were on foot and in that situation.

Of course, you could not exit a hog to nade another hog that was threatening to ram you.  I know you did not mean this and know this already... I merely add it here in case others can benefit from it  :winkgrin:

Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 01:38:08 PM by BFM_Wic »

Offline $olo

• Junior Poster
Re: A Difficult One
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 07:47:31 AM »
Excellent,
Thank you Wic for clarifying that for me as the Driver of the other Hog said I'd broken the Rules as He was a Lone hog .. but in the Defense Clarification, what I did was right ..
Thank You

Print