Print 

Author Topic: Nades  (Read 1672 times)

Offline BFM_Blade

• Lieutenant
  • Golden Rule: Whoever has the gold, makes the rules
Nades
« on: November 02, 2010, 03:56:16 PM »
Hey,
I'm just wondering why BFM chose to have unlimited nades in all of their servers?
It would seem that limited nades would cause less breaking of the rules, for example, camping, team nading, nade spamming etc.
I'm just curious so do not take this as being offensive in any way.
Thanks,
Blade

p.s. this is my first post  :) :) :)

Offline BFM_NavyJHk

• Colonel
Re: Nades
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 04:20:19 PM »
We actually have tried having limited nades before.  The problem with limited nades is that if having to walk to your next navs (which happens all too many times), you can very quickly use up all chances for trying to hog-jack an enemy.  This could all happen from just 1 failed attempt at a hog coming by.  Then, you're left defenseless AND still trying to walk to your next nav.  Without any nades, the chances of making a hog jack are slim to none.  We didn't necessarily like that, and felt it is considerably more fair to have unlimited nades.  That way if you do miss a hog-jack, you will at least have another opportunity if you meet another enemy somewhere along the way.

The other reason we decided to leave unlimited nades on is because it is the general acceptance and enjoyed "game option".  When we had an actual limited nades server, it was very often empty of players, while the other unlimited nades servers were constantly full. 

We just felt that nades are a very valuable asset to a racer, even though they can be abused when not used correctly.  Instead of limiting our valued racers, we feel it's better to continue to take the time to admin for things like camping/team nading/etc.
Thank you Kàkà§hì!

Print