Print 

Author Topic: "Possible" fake Admins  (Read 1455 times)

Offline ¥Mderms¥

• Posts Too Much
  • Muffins
"Possible" fake Admins
« on: December 18, 2010, 02:21:28 AM »
Was just in a server with a "BFM_Nemesis" and a "BFM_Edison". "BFM_Nemesis" was on top of the cables in Gephy, so clearly he was a fake. "BFM_Edison" was refusing to spam the rules, stating "There is no need to spam the rules" when clearly there was.

Went to Aussie server with a "BFM_Slim" and a "BFM_GAV" and told the news. As I was telling them this, "BFM_Slim" jumped in a rocket hog, alone, and started hogcamping me. "BFM_GAV" stated that the "BMF_Edison" was the genuine article, but after seeing "BFM_Slim" hogcamp me, I'm either doubting my sanity and am seeing things, or I'm skeptical as to whether any one of the four "admins" are real.

Just a head up.

On a lighter note, I don't think I've ever used so man quotations in my life.

They're all still in the server #3 and Aussie if anyone wants to take a stab at em'

If any of the Admins were real, understand this was just what I was seeing, and was in no way meant to start a flame war.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 02:30:32 AM by ¥Mderms¥ »

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
Re: "Possible" fake Admins
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 02:46:58 AM »

The BFM_Nemesis was a fake.  Edison was real.  He was trying to deal with specific issues in the server and the way we do that is usually to address one issue at a time, not just spam the rules.  Some guests (and other admins) sometimes ask for "proof" that someone is the real admin by asking them to spam the rules, but this isn't really proof and it's not always the best course of action (like if we're driving a hog with a gunner we can't stop for 10 seconds for the rules to play out before we can move the hog again)

In the other server, both GAV and Slim were real.   GAV says you were hog camped but it was by Slim's teammate, not Slim. 

Offline ¥Mderms¥

• Posts Too Much
  • Muffins
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 02:49:08 AM »

In the other server, both GAV and Slim were real.   GAV says you were hog camped but it was by Slim's teammate, not Slim.  

Oh okay, that makes sense then. When I got done typing I look up and the only name I saw was BFM_Slim and mistakenly assumed it was the gunner.

My apoligies for the false alarms fellas.  :blush:

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 02:57:20 AM »

Nah, it's good to be alert.  As I said, there was one fake in there.  No harm done.  Thanks for keeping an eye on things.  If you have any more trouble with this Slim character, let me know.

Print