Print 

Author Topic: Star wars the old republic  (Read 3694 times)

Offline BFM_GAV

• Captain
Star wars the old republic
« on: January 10, 2011, 04:11:06 AM »
I'm curious as to whether there is anyone out there that has been following all the news on Star wars the old republic game coming out spring this year? and if so your thoughts on it.

For those that haven't i force gravy you to search it :P :LOL:

For those that want quick info, it is the same company that made Kotor1 and Kotor2 but now they with this game they are branching into the mmo genre and it's looking to be a great game :o

Thank you my baby brother BFM_Speedy:)

Thanks Lucky

Thanks Lucky!

Offline §åñdmåñ

• Regular Poster
Re: Star wars the old republic
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 12:39:48 PM »
Yep, I'm looking forward to it. Should be a good one.

Thanks to BFM_trekstr (Track King) for the sig!^^

Former Member of  -AD- ~RW~ CC= :clint:
Any other "Sandman" is an imposter!
BFM  tags: 4/04/2011
Corporal 05/31/2012

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
  • Passive but NOT aggresive
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 02:05:17 PM »
I hear its gonna be awesome! Too bad I cant play it, this computer cant handle anymore games.. ::)

Offline Trael

• Senior Poster
  • Hi Ho I live in a box...
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 07:08:32 PM »
If Zakpak's cant handle it...mine sure won't!  :siderofl: 

Offline Ragnarökr

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 04:50:34 PM »
Bioware didn't make KotOR II: The Sith Lords that was Obsidian Entertainment, a far superior developer in terms of Storyline than Bioware could ever hope to be imo. Both KotOR and TSL are among my favorite games of all time and I too am looking forward to TOR, however as a fan of the original "Knights" Series I can't help but feel extremely disappointed that the trilogy will not be completed replaced by something the gaming world really doesn't need anymore of, an MMO. Oh well, paradise lost I guess. I'll still buy it and I doubt it will be that hard on specs, the devs are designing it for a broad range of computers, new and old which is a smart maneuver in the gaming market of today.

Offline BFM_MiG

• Captain
  • мigεẅiвгo
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 04:58:05 PM »
A release date has been given! Tuesday, December 20th, 2011 in the US, and Thursday, December 22nd, 2011 in Europe.

go to http://www.swtor.com/ for their main website for more details.

I want to play Jedi, but from the sounds of it, if you use the /flirt function, you will get dark side points. So it looks like all your actions will have some kind of good or bad consequence with light/dark side points.

They also say that this game is going to be a lot like KotOR in the sense of how story lines are, but the combat will be like many other MMORPGS. (like WoW, and RIFT)

Offline BFM_GAV

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 02:29:16 AM »
yep i've preorderd an American version as they aren't releasing it in Australia:( we were excluded from the zones so i'll be playing on the American servers i guess. But I got invited to test the game this weekend so i'll let you know what i think:)

I can test it from Saturday, November 26 at 10:00AM CST. Are there any others out there that will be getting this game?

Thanks Lucky

Thanks Lucky!

Offline BFM_Xtr3me

• BFM Admin
  • Without me, it's just aweso.
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 06:29:15 AM »
dont know if i will be getting the game (depends on price) but have just signed up for the testing.
how long did you have to wait to find out gav? (and do you download it before hand?)

Xtr3me's Timeline in BFM
01/Jul/10 - First attempt at recruitment
07/Nov/10 - Second attempt at recruitment ;D
19/Dec/10 - Given Vent
30/Jan/11 - Given Little Tags
13/Mar/11 - Given Big Tags
26/Aug/11 - Promoted to Corporal
07/Feb/12 - Promoted to Sergeant
02/Nov/12 - Promoted to Lieutenant

Thankyou Lucky and Slayton

Offline BFM_GAV

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 10:10:52 PM »
we have fast net here and it took me at least 12 hours to download the 20G. What about those that don't run on internet download that high i wonder?

Thanks Lucky

Thanks Lucky!

Offline BFM_Tails

• Captain
  • [VGTG]
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 01:35:38 PM »
Well the games are made my bioware so I have my doubts  :huh:

Offline BFM_GAV

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 12:21:41 AM »
I do agree with you Lowkey in some of what you say. I agree about the walking that even though there are taxis and stuff that i to felt like i was walking a lifetime sometimes.

The combat side of it i can see where you are coming from as you need to watch your skill bar but personally it didnt bother me.
I have never played an MMO before. I have played the first Guild wars and that was it so for me the game lived up to my Standards. I enjoyed it quite a lot. the only thing i was afraid of was the lag and at somepoints it was pretty bad- but understandable as it was a stress test. But when i played last night it was the best I had seen it, I didnt lag once and i'm from Aussie Land :P.

But thats my view as i havent branched into many MMO before but i have heard people say a lot that don't expect anything new in this MMO as they all seem to copy off each other.

Tails I'm not sure what you fancy in a MMO but i personally think it's worth it. Lets start a BFM Guild :LOL:

Thanks Lucky

Thanks Lucky!

Offline BruinX

• Regular Poster
  • "Veni, Vidi, Vici"
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 03:38:05 AM »
this game is amazing. doesnt really need any more explaining.

easily worth the money and has been tipped to kick WoW off as the best MMO ever. gg
Kid buys arizona tea,
other kid throws it in woods,
original kid looks in woods for it,
comes back crying.

Offline BFM_Yoda

• BFM Admin
  • Following, still, you, not!
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 10:14:02 PM »
I LOVE! this game I enjoy the experience of the star wars feel in an mmo setting, I felt the first 2 Knights of the Old Republic were rather boring with the way they had the combat system. in this game you have different abilities, you can be a bounty hunter, republic trooper, smuggler jedi knight/consular, sith knight(don't remember exact name but w/e)/consular, as opposed to a jedi that can either go sith or jedi.......

The only problem i have is the lag/FPS lag, it is clean in the outdoors but when i go inside into small rooms it is near impossible to handle, i really hope that the game is easier for my comp to handle.

all in all 3 thumbs up and 6/5 stars...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 10:17:16 PM by BFM_Dablkin »
Started being PR - June 1, 2010
Recieved Vent - July 25, 2010
Little Tags! - September 25, 2010
Primary Training Completed - November 16, 2010
BIG TAGS! - December 9, 2010
Promoted to Corporal - May 8, 2011
Stepped down from Corporal - August 24, 2011
Hung up my Tags - April 30, 2013
Big Tags Again :D - November 4, 2014

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Offline BFM_Xtr3me

• BFM Admin
  • Without me, it's just aweso.
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2012, 10:34:10 PM »
im not one to play a mmo that you have to pay for but if guild wars 2 doesn't live up to the hype, i may look into getting this game

Xtr3me's Timeline in BFM
01/Jul/10 - First attempt at recruitment
07/Nov/10 - Second attempt at recruitment ;D
19/Dec/10 - Given Vent
30/Jan/11 - Given Little Tags
13/Mar/11 - Given Big Tags
26/Aug/11 - Promoted to Corporal
07/Feb/12 - Promoted to Sergeant
02/Nov/12 - Promoted to Lieutenant

Thankyou Lucky and Slayton

Offline Benjy

• Posts Too Much
  • "Who Dares Wins"
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2012, 03:49:57 AM »
In love...

Applied for recruitment, August, 30th, 2009
Vent access, 10th, October, 2009 Giving by BFM_Slim
First ever Scrim, 19th October, 2009
Small tags, 28th October, 2009 By BFM_JANE and BFM_ Kiwi
Big tags, 31st Decmeber, 2009 By BFM_Slim and BFM_Elvis.
Thanks to my awsomeness Sgt. d3 for getting me through
Received Corporal, 21st of April
Drop Corporal, N/A
Dropped tags April 16, 2012
Little tags are back, 29 Dec, 2012 :D
Picked up big tags again, N/A

Print