Print 

Author Topic: Fixed my Lag, I hope.  (Read 1324 times)

Offline A41~CET

• Junior Poster
  • Screaming Eagles!!!
    • My Photobucket album
Fixed my Lag, I hope.
« on: October 26, 2007, 07:02:27 PM »
Well I just spent the better part of the day reformatting my computer.   I  had some terrible lag as some of you know so I bought another Gig of ram, and a new graphics card.   But my lag didn't get better.   I have high speed cable internet that is supposed to be around 6mbs download and 380kbs upload.   I did multiple speed tests, multiple tweaks to my system and all I could come up with was 1.5mbs download and 250kbs upload.  Sometimes I would run fine but most of the time,  well,   :AOL: .    I even had the cable company to my house today to check the lines.  He changed a few things but I still wouldn't speed up.  He then hooked his laptop to my router and BAM  5600kbs.   Right then I knew it was my computer.  Soooooooooooooo,

Reformat

Reinstall

4 hours later

I got a download speed of 5900kbs and a upload speed of 370kbs..   :yesyes:  Success!!!!!!!

I was on the KOS BFM server tonight with most of my video settings on high annnnd    NO LAG.

As you can tell I am super happy.  Now I can play without worry of interfering with other players.  I know that lag is a pain not only to the one that has it,  but to everybody who plays with them.

I just thought I would share this to let you know that if you are having the same problem, reformatting the hard drive worked for me.  d_b

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
Re: Fixed my Lag, I hope.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 07:45:02 PM »
Congrats !!!!!!!! Good job :)

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Print