Print 

Author Topic: Lost your disk? No excuse!  (Read 2752 times)

Offline BFM_Crimson

• BFM Admin
    • I'm copying JANE...
Lost your disk? No excuse!
« on: April 14, 2011, 11:25:15 PM »
So, I needed my Halo disk to install Custom Edition, but couldn't find it! MrMxyzptlk suggested that I ask Microsoft to send me a new one, so I called them up, provided them with my CD Key (I couldn't find my proof of purchase), and 22 hours later I receive this email!

Dear Crimson,

Thank you for your email regarding your request for CD replacement.

I forwarded your details to our escalations team and good news, I was able to get an approval to replace your missing disc.

In order for me to complete your order, please reply to this email with your phone number.

If you require any further information or have any questions in regards to this email, please do contact us again.

Kind Regards,

Microsoft Subscriptions Team

Microsoft, at least in Australia, is still honouring it's agreement to provide free replacement CDs!

.       Thanks JANE, LËÕ, Lucky, MiG and Tails for rendering signature services!

Offline Tanxs1

• Posts Too Much
  • There there, it's ok....
    • Hehehehehe...
Re: Lost your disk? No excuse!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 11:47:38 PM »
Cool!!!!

Offline BFM_saes

• BFM Admin
  • oops....
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 04:34:37 AM »
I wasn't even aware they had such an offer/policy!

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 10:09:06 AM »
I wasn't even aware they had such an offer/policy!

Actually... almost ALL software comes with a warranty - FOR THE MEDIA IT SHIPPED ON AND NOTHING MORE!

Some people who spend $1000s on software think that the word "Warranty" on it gives them recourse to get Service/Support, add-ons and other stuff - like a warranty on a car - but ALMOST EVERY bit of software that ships only warrants the shipped media!   :siderofl:

So in other words: you can almost always get a replacement CD for any software! (Some are just pickier than others about providing them tho....)

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Print