Print 

Author Topic: Squads?  (Read 1869 times)

Offline -shiNe!

• Senior Poster
  • Former bfm & PR
Squads?
« on: April 20, 2011, 08:23:41 PM »
What's yall's take on joining squads? Is It okay to do that even though I'm a PR?
I mean, It's not a clan, but It Is quite close.
The squad has nothing to do with racing, so It won't ever come up In BFM servers or any race servers.

So just before I get anymore Involved with the squad I just want some approval or disapproval that It's okay for me to be In It.

Piece
~Crae

Add me on Steam!
I lived in the days of Tanxs when he was but a kid.
BFM clan only scrims were my favorite. I was so proud to make it into the ranks of this clan, but proud enough to let that be my downfall.
I am only happy that I got to experience such a legendary clan.

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
  • BFM's General Oversight >:)
Re: Squads?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 01:04:26 AM »
Would you please clarify for me what a squad is exactly and what game it is before I give my answer? Thanks.

Nrvend is too old. We race in hogs, not wheelchairs.
Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?
Exodus is the all-time Major Pain.

Offline -shiNe!

• Senior Poster
  • Former bfm & PR
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 12:55:50 PM »
Would you please clarify for me what a squad is exactly and what game it is before I give my answer? Thanks.
A squad Is another type of community, that do roughly the same things that a clan would do. Except they don't have a specific place they play, a forum, they don't necessarily keep up with members of the squad like a clan would.
Squads are like a sub-level of being a clan. They don't call themselves clans, because they don't do as much & they don't keep up with the community like a clan does. No supported servers etc.

I can ask the squad leader what the real difference Is, that's just what I got out of It. Which really Is all you're asking for.

They play Halo, preferably snipers. They do require a tag, which I would totally understand of this not being acceptable for that very reason. I did say to them that If I did join though, I would need to change my name.

I would hate to be doing something that Is looked down upon, with this clan. So by all means, If this has any Infraction just say so. It Is quite close to a clan, but just not. I totally understand If the answer Is no.

Edit*The community has now been changed to "group". But It's not like anything else has been changed, they still do the same stuffs. Just that the name Is different...therefore they think that It changes things?  :LOL: Not really, changing the name doesn't really do much, It's what they do  :LOL:

Anywho, carry on
 :)

~Crae  :jester:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 01:14:00 PM by LeÇræ »

Add me on Steam!
BFM clan only scrims were my favorite. I was so proud to make it into the ranks of this clan, but proud enough to let that be my downfall.

Offline -shiNe!

• Senior Poster
  • Former bfm & PR
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 01:12:49 PM »
A squad Is another type of community, that do roughly the same things that a clan would do. Except they don't have a specific place they play, a forum, they don't necessarily keep up with members of the squad like a clan would.
Squads are like a sub-level of being a clan. They don't call themselves clans, because they don't do as much & they don't keep up with the community like a clan does. No supported servers etc.

I can ask the squad leader what the real difference Is, that's just what I got out of It. Which really Is all you're asking for.

They play Halo, preferably snipers. They do require a tag, which I would totally understand of this not being acceptable for that very reason. I did say to them that If I did join though, I would need to change my name.

I would hate to be doing something that Is looked down upon, with this clan. So by all means, If this has any Infraction just say so. It Is quite close to a clan, but just not. I totally understand If the answer Is no.

Edit*The community has now been changed to "group". But It's not like anything else has been changed, they still do the same stuffs. Just that the name Is different...therefore they think that It changes things?  :LOL: Not really, changing the name doesn't really do much, It's what they do  :LOL:

Anywho, carry on
  :)

~Crae  :jester:

Add me on Steam!

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
  • BFM's General Oversight >:)
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 06:44:46 AM »
Thankyou for your detailed response. This makes it very easy for me. The short answer is we would not allow you to be a member of this squard or group and of BFM. Given the game is still Halo and that you are required to wear a tag as a member of the sniper group this makes the decision very simple. BFM members are only that - members of our racing community and no other, whether group or squad. The difference could simply be we have a greater number of people and generous members who choose to donate time, time that goes into organizing and making BFM what it is today - and most importantly - what it will be tomorrow.

As a member or recruit of BFM we ask only a few simple things that any member can achieve. We ask that you populate our servers and keep the healthy racing environment that draws so many to our servers every night and day. We also ask that you participate in BFM and enjoy yourselves. And lastly we ask you to contribute to the atmosphere and make the environment we all have fun together as friends from around the world every night even better. These things will come naturally if you enjoy race and enjoy what BFM has to offer. That is why you, me and so many others have become members here. If you join another group and spend time playing snipers or doing other activities, then clearly that is not adding to our domain, but to theirs. I say this just to illustrate other point of view that you should be aware of. You have your answer and a small piece of what BFM is all about. :)

Nrvend is too old. We race in hogs, not wheelchairs.
Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?
Exodus is the all-time Major Pain.

Offline -shiNe!

• Senior Poster
  • Former bfm & PR
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 12:02:12 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply's Exodus!
Not gunna deny It, but I was a little eerie when someone asked me to join the squad. Really don't want to have to serve another ban suspension or what ever consequence that may have earned  :LOL:
Nah, I'm sure It would have just been a warning, but yeah  :)

-Left the squad or "group"

Btw, sorry for quoting my explanation reply...not sure how I did that. And I couldn't find the delete post button.  :eyebrow:

Piece
~Crae
  :jester:

Add me on Steam!

Print