Print 

Author Topic: Freespace 2 (Good space/fighter sim?)  (Read 2203 times)

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
Freespace 2 (Good space/fighter sim?)
« on: April 25, 2011, 11:46:57 AM »
Currently on a search for a good Space/Fighter Simulation type of game. I keep coming across this Freespace 2 game. One that was released back in 1999 and have since updated the graphics. Has anyone played it?

Can anyone recommend a good one?

Offline Oblique

• Regular Poster
Re: Freespace 2 (Good space/fighter sim?)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 01:43:51 PM »
Currently on a search for a good Space/Fighter Simulation type of game. I keep coming across this Freespace 2 game. One that was released back in 1999 and have since updated the graphics. Has anyone played it?

Can anyone recommend a good one?

Yes! Freespace 1 and 2 are excellent space fighter games in my opinion. In Free space 2 (as in free space 1) there is a strong driving story line. Its been a while (a long while) since i played it (FS2), but if memory serves the AI is very good (can be brutal dog fights! depending on the settings), and the memory of going into bomb an alien super carrier still lingers, so they must have done something right!

Sp@rt101

PS, you may also want to consider the X games as in X3-Reunion, an excellent space fighter game, although it is very involved, in that it is also a trading game, build stations, upgrade your vessels. You may remotly control vessels in other sectors and/or fly yourself and issue orders to those vessels to perform certain tasks etc. There is a mod for X-3 reunion, so if your in the mood to be a pirate (arrrrrrr) you can do that as well, or if you want to be a trading barron, you can do that. Even if you just want to play the game as standard I would recommend downloading the mod, purly becouse it adds an extra story line and substantially expands the X universe that you can explore---- just google X universe. Enjoy. :)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 01:58:18 PM by Sp@rt101 »

Print