Print 

Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 8131 times)

Offline BFM_DarkFyr

• BFM Admin
  • Forza Vale
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2011, 03:32:17 AM »
There is also a bug where if you have an nVidia card, your game can crash randomly. Lucky for me though, I have my awesome Radeon 8870 :D

That's why they run betas... update to the most recent drivers will solve those kinds of problems. They released new drivers yesterday I think for nVidia cards to improve performance and bug issues. :)

Luckily for me I bought mine for Xbox, then. No upgrades or anything needed. Just, lower overall playing experience  :siderofl:

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2011, 07:30:27 AM »

Heh.

'Went out for a late-night (11:45?) burger run (In-N-Out FTW!) last night and passed a GameStop with a line of a few dozen awaiting the release.  (Don't these people know about downloads???  ::)  :winkgrin: )

My prediction: Expect WEEKLY patches for THREE MONTHS+....

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline BFM_MiG

• Captain
  • мigεẅiвгo
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2011, 07:59:33 AM »
There is also a bug where if you have an nVidia card, your game can crash randomly. Lucky for me though, I have my awesome Radeon 8870 :D

That's why they run betas... update to the most recent drivers will solve those kinds of problems. They released new drivers yesterday I think for nVidia cards to improve performance and bug issues. :)

nVidia is teamed up with BF3 ... GeForce system requirements check. That used to (maybe still does, idk I use nvidia) that your computer was not ready if you were using AMD/ATI cards, :LOL:.

I heard the opposite, AMD cards were having issues with the beta, but of course, they had fixed it.

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
  • BFM's General Oversight >:)
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2011, 02:49:10 AM »

Heh.

'Went out for a late-night (11:45?) burger run (In-N-Out FTW!) last night and passed a GameStop with a line of a few dozen awaiting the release.  (Don't these people know about downloads???  ::)  :winkgrin: )

My prediction: Expect WEEKLY patches for THREE MONTHS+....

Not sure if any of you heard about the Brink issues... but they took MONTHS to fix serious compatibility issues. By the time they managed to fix 80% of the problems with it 99% of the people who bought it had stopped playing! Bring on the patches!

Nrvend is too old. We race in hogs, not wheelchairs.
Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?
Exodus is the all-time Major Pain.

Offline BFM_SWiFT

• BFM Admin
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2011, 04:50:21 AM »
Buying it on console solves all compatibility issues and problems. :)

JB Hifi over here had BF3 in store today, I don't think it was meant to be released in Australia until the 27th. No other store had it for sale. I didn't buy it though, I'm a COD fanboy.

Offline Lº§tMyMiNÐ

• Junior Poster
  • Introducing: my signature logo, modified.
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2011, 05:14:01 AM »
Buying it on console solves all compatibility issues and problems. :)

JB Hifi over here had BF3 in store today, I don't think it was meant to be released in Australia until the 27th. No other store had it for sale. I didn't buy it though, I'm a COD fanboy.
L°§tMyMiNÐ here.

And I hate to tell you this, SWiFT, but, well... your loss.

:undecided:
:doh:
:bang:

And, that's all!
-
L°§tMyMiNÐ

It speaks for itself...

Print