Print 

Author Topic: Taking Long Way To The First Nav  (Read 1073 times)

Offline -shiNe!

• Senior Poster
  • Former bfm & PR
Taking Long Way To The First Nav
« on: June 03, 2011, 10:44:41 PM »
I was Red team, on Gephy
At the start of the map, I got Into the drivers seat
And Instead of taking a right, right towards the nav
I went left, to take the long way around
Merely just to avoid getting killed as easily

I was then warned by Fenix that I could not do that, but he never said anything past that

Just wanting some clarification on this rule

Piece~Crae

Add me on Steam!
I lived in the days of Tanxs when he was but a kid.
BFM clan only scrims were my favorite. I was so proud to make it into the ranks of this clan, but proud enough to let that be my downfall.
I am only happy that I got to experience such a legendary clan.

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
Re: Taking Long Way To The First Nav
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 10:58:51 PM »

To drive in the direction you've described, you're going too far off the nav path. This is essentially "not racing" (or not entirely racing) and if your gunner is shooting over to the action, it could be considered chasing kills or camping.

I'm sure it will keep you alive since no one is going that way, but driving backwards at the start of Death Island will also keep you alive. Doing circles in any base at map start will probably keep you alive. Hiding inside the base for 30 seconds after map start will keep you alive. They'd all be considered "not racing" to some extent and not really in the spirit of the game.

Always be heading directly toward the navs as quickly as possible -- that's the game, it wouldn't be Race any other way. And the bloody collision at the first nav at map start is part of it too. Taking the long way and avoiding contact hurts your team and will put them behind, just like being AFK and going anywhere that's not to the nav hurts the team.

Offline -shiNe!

• Senior Poster
  • Former bfm & PR
Re: Taking Long Way To The First Nav
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 11:25:59 PM »
Great examples
Aswell as the reply

"Spirt of the game" Is what did It for me 
:)

Thanx Jane.

Piece~Crae

Add me on Steam!
I lived in the days of Tanxs when he was but a kid.
BFM clan only scrims were my favorite. I was so proud to make it into the ranks of this clan, but proud enough to let that be my downfall.
I am only happy that I got to experience such a legendary clan.

Print