Print 

Author Topic: Anyone know anything about tv's?  (Read 1479 times)

Offline ÐeviÑ

• Posts Too Much
Anyone know anything about tv's?
« on: August 12, 2011, 03:28:42 PM »
I have an Auria 22" lcd tv, and today when I came home from work, it turns on but does not 'initialize'.

Basically, it seems like the equivalence of (on a Windows machine) when you start it up, it shows the Windows loading screen, but the login screen never shows up.

It turns on, shows the Auria screen, then goes black, and sits there. The remote doesn't do anything after turning it on, changing sources, channels, opening the menu, all does nothing. It worked before I left for work today, and now it doesn't. There weren't any power-outages or anything.

Any ideas on what it could be?

Also, when it gets to this point, the power button does nothing, and the only way to turn it off is to unplug it.

*UPDATE* It now turns on when I let it sit long enough, and it slowly responds to commands. I unplugged the cable from it, and when it is plugged in there is no picture. But there is actual static now. So it isn't just sitting there anymore.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 04:53:43 PM by ÐeviÑ »
Selling FREE PWNkakes™
Former BFM_Devist8 (long ago) and bfm_ÐeviÑ

Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?

Offline jim360

• Posts Too Much
Re: Anyone know anything about tv's?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 03:45:14 AM »
Can you just let us know the exact make and model? Is it an Auria eq2288f?

I had a quick search for Auria TV problems and found this problem described elsewhere. The best thing to do seems to be to check to see if there is any damage to the power supply, particularly with capacitors. See if you can find the power supply circuit board and look for damage to the capacitors - e.g rust, some leakage, anything that shouldn't be there.. If you find any, then all you'd have to do is to replace the circuit board - I don't know how easy that would be though.

From the update it might just have been that there was a power surge that caused minor damage to the circuit. Leaving it for a day or two might give the problem time to "fix itself" - but I'd still go in and have a look.

Here's a handy image of a capacitor in case you don't know what one looks like:

Check out my Short introduction... corner and my "Historical figures who should perhaps be better-known" thread!!

Exciting videos: 1.1 / 1.2 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

Print