Print 

Author Topic: Forum Moderator Rank?  (Read 1756 times)

Offline -shiNe!

• Senior Poster
  • Former bfm & PR
Forum Moderator Rank?
« on: August 18, 2011, 09:24:58 AM »
How Is the Forum Moderator Rank earned? I've seen that It's not like the rest of the ranks, Its different. I saw on Hydra's promotion that, well he Is, but that he was a forum spammer. But that can't make you a Moderator alone, being active. Is It If you host the forum? (Is this a free forum or paid?)

Add me on Steam!
I lived in the days of Tanxs when he was but a kid.
BFM clan only scrims were my favorite. I was so proud to make it into the ranks of this clan, but proud enough to let that be my downfall.
I am only happy that I got to experience such a legendary clan.

Offline Wic

• Posts Too Much
Re: Forum Moderator Rank?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 09:33:19 AM »
Forum Mod is an actual level of permissions for BFMs.  Not an "officer" level, but a special permssion.  It has to be earned as any rank within BFM is earned and only a full BFM member can do so.

Our current Forum Mods are longtime members who have been officers, but due to other commitments had to cut down on their time/duties.  They continue to contribute to the running of the clan acting as Forum Moderators.  Officers also have Forum Mod abilities.   What mods can actualy do on the forums changes with the level of their permissions (ie. just editing inappropriate posts all the way up to banning forum guests, etc.).

I'm not sure what you mean by free forum or paid?  If you mean do we pay for the website, no we  don't.

Hope that helps.

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 10:33:27 AM »
(Is this a free forum or paid?)

WOW...are you telling me you haven't been paying your forum dues?!?!?  We are just going to have to take care of that...don't move a muscle until the BFM treasury agents get to your loctation... :toughguy: :cop: :siren:

The "forums" themselves are free.  BFM maintains the software, database etc. ourselves.  As far as the "hosting" of the forums we do that on the same web hosting server as the BFM web site.  We have a very standard web hosting package from one of the major web hosting companies.

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Offline Wic

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 11:48:41 AM »
Thank you Booyah :)  That fills in some gaps!

Offline BFM_Elvis

• Leader
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 09:52:59 PM »
As the officers have told you the forums do cost time and money. We have to pay for the space to host the forums just as we do for the main website. The template is free but the hosting space and time to maintain them isnt.  So I would say they arent free. We did have free forum space in the past but moved to this new forum and started hosting it ourselves so we could get revenue from the adds that are on our forums. I hope that helps.

Print