Print 

Author Topic: -=- Sheik Chaindog Lives!!! -=- (Updated 06APR2008)  (Read 7515 times)

Offline BFM_Chaindog

• BFM Admin
  • F☼rum M☼derator
    • Hades Star:  Stargate Corp
-=- Sheik Chaindog Lives!!! -=- (Updated 06APR2008)
« on: November 02, 2007, 02:35:43 PM »
================================================================
For the latest updates click here!:  http://www.bfmracing.net/forums/index.php/topic,5657.new.html#new

BFM_Chaindog has left to serve the military in a contractor capacity in the Kingdom of Qatar (Map), and has served half a year in that position already, with many more to come.  Qatar is located just east of Saudi Arabia, just southeast of Kuwait, and north of the United Arab Emirates (UAE).  It is a peninsula that sticks out and is surrounded by the Persian Gulf on three sides.  This peninsula also points directly across the Gulf at the dangerous country of Iran. 

Matter of fact, it is most likely that in the insane event of a war with Iran, that this Arabian kingdom will be the first to fall to Iran as allies of the United States of America.  It is a strategic location from which to block the Persian Gulf shipping, to include the U.S. Navy, and take out some important personnel to the coalition efforts.  It can also be the prime location from which to control the oil fields so close to Iran, just as Iraq attempted to do with the rich little country of Kuwait. 

The job that I am working on is called a Force Protection Security Officer.  If anyone else is interested many such companies accept civilians with ANY prior military experience, ANY security (even Wal-Mart!), and ANY Correctional/Jailhouse guard backgrounds.  Other contractors will train you instead of requiring prior experience.  PM me for basic information on different companies around the world, or if you know another contractor who may be interested in my skills (or stateside company for a senior position lol!  Always looking...). 

The GREAT news is that the company that won the takeover contract back in September 2007, is the company that I had previously worked for while serving in Kosovo (Balkans), and they should be raising the contract salaries of all employees and will be hiring current contractors upon taking over the new contract once the current company gets the boot (they currently have a year extension).  Current employees aren't paid as much at this location as with other contract positions in more in-combat zones in this region (partly due to location).  The advantages are that I can "flip" contracts to another contractor in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and even Iraq (if I were so inclined...) for much MUCH higher salaries since I will already be in-theatre (combat zone).  This is my plan, and I should probably be away for two years making my money.  Upon my return I will open a full photography studio (one of the self-owned businesses I currently run) and continue my education that I will re-start while stationed overseas via University of Phoenix Online.

----------------------------------------------

Does this mean that BFM_Chaindog is leaving the clan?!?!?  NO IT DOES NOT!!!!!! YAY!

----------------------------------------------

BFM_Chaindog is content right where he is, and will be logging in as frequently as he can to work on long-running projects he has had going since before we moved to the new forums.  His gaming will be off and on, internet connection willing, but most likely more frequent than his current schedule had permitted over the six months prior to leaving home.  The down side is that the internet is run by Q-Tel, a Qatari government-run internet service.  From all reports, it is slower than DSL because of the restrictions on websites and bandwidth.  The GOOD news is that Qatar is opening the internet competition up to two new companies in order to modernize their internet infrastructure.  Hopefully I can get on with one of those so much the better.

So no, BFM_Chaindog is not leaving his online Family, and will still be seen on the Race tracks to pair up with Nrvend or SGjr on destroying the enemy.   d_b

For the latest updates click here!:  http://www.bfmracing.net/forums/index.php/topic,5657.new.html#new
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 08:16:13 AM by BFM_Chaindog »
"May you never cheat, lie, steal, or drink....if you must cheat, cheat death..if you must lie, lie in a loved ones arms...if you must steal, steal kisses...and if you must drink, drink with us yo!"

NOTE:  I've currently returned from serving in various Middle East combat zones.  Wow, just realized how many years I've been hanging with BFM, since near the beginning!  :Chaindog:

Offline VxT

• Posts Too Much
Re: -=- Chaindog is serve in the Middle East -=-
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 02:38:52 PM »
Glad to see you're not leaving.

Hope you have the best time you can and stay safe.

Thanks Hangman!

Water found on Mars!

Offline A41~itsky

• Junior Poster
Re: -=- Chaindog is serve in the Middle East -=-
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 02:49:36 PM »
Stay safe! 

Offline Fuzion

• Posts Too Much
Re: -=- Chaindog is to serve in the Middle East -=-
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 03:11:28 PM »
Take care Chaindog.  ;D

Signature by AR~H@ngm@n
(July 07)

Offline WoodNinja

• Newbie Poster
  • Snake? Snake?! SNAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 03:33:59 PM »
Stay safe and take care!

Snake? Snake!? SNAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One of first to use the new recruitment form!

Offline OrbitAddict

• Posts Too Much
  • `¤_«тнιѕ,ιѕ,иот,а,Ğяιʟʟ»_¤´
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 03:44:42 PM »
Stay safe, and take pictures. ;D

BFM_Nrvend

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 03:46:32 PM »
Stay safe buddy and I will more than happy to team up with you on the track. as far as over there ...your on your own.  I asked my wife and she said NO!...lol.

BFM_Wic

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 04:23:44 PM »
Wishing you a rewarding stay and good journey.... x 3!!!  ;)  :hug:

BB Dawg!

Offline ºReFº

• Senior Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 06:10:50 PM »
Be careful and stay safe over there chaindog. Hope we see you often!

BFM_Warlord

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 06:21:00 PM »
Stay safe  :ninja:

Offline Kikn

• Junior Poster
  • My Halo 3 spartan
    • Future Hope To Many
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2007, 07:02:46 PM »
Take Care

Offline Wolf

• Senior Poster
  • Woof!
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2007, 07:11:41 PM »
Hey Chaindog, let me know if you want to talk about it. I was stationed at Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar for four months while serving in the U.S. Air Force. I can tell you all about what to expect as far as climate and definitely what the base is like if you are going there too!
"To look into the eyes of a wolf is to see your own soul. Hope you like what you see....."

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2007, 07:36:47 PM »

Climate (Winter): 104F daytime - 50F night, virtually always sunny [Classic desert zone] current  info
Natural potable water: "neglible"
"Nominal" WW GDP rank/capita: 7th (FYI: USA is 8th....)

Qatar is NOT some backward desert country (for those of you that might assume it would be.) It is one of the most desired vacation spots in the Middle East, and one of the fastest growing commercial construction locations as well.

Assuming (and HOPING!) that your work won't put you in harm's way (ever/very often/at all?), you're entering what's probably one of themost sought-after jobs in that entire part of the globe right now.  Well done, Chain!

As for their Internet access: Your timing is spot on, what with the bidding war to rewire the entire country within the next 18 months or so!

Maybe you should start your own sub-board in these forums so you won't have to check all over the place when you can chat with us (such as it is in board-posts!)?

Anyway, with just a little hesitation I'll say Well Done and Good Luck, Chain!

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline AR~Hazy

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2007, 07:41:58 PM »
Chain,

Stay safe out there!

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
  • BFM's General Oversight >:)
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2007, 07:50:03 PM »
Good Luck Chain. Take Care.

Nrvend is too old. We race in hogs, not wheelchairs.
Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?
Exodus is the all-time Major Pain.

Print