Print 

Author Topic: -=- Sheik Chaindog Lives!!! -=- (Updated 06APR2008)  (Read 7512 times)

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
Re: -=- BFM_Chaindog has left for the Middle East!!! -=-
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2007, 05:24:21 PM »
LOL ^

How much does a Big Mac cost?

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline BFM_Chaindog

• BFM Admin
  • F☼rum M☼derator
    • Hades Star:  Stargate Corp
Re: -=- BFM_Chaindog has left for the Middle East!!! -=-
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2007, 06:15:29 AM »
LOL ^

How much does a Big Mac cost?

The price for a Chicken Big Mac combo meal is about 15 Qatari Riyals, or about $4.  You can get it large sized, which is a slightly smaller drink than in the states, and an extra breaded hunk of chicken tender as a side.  Chicken is king here...well, no the Emir is king here, but the chicken is contending with mutton for top meat!  Also the price of petrol (gas) here is running about $0.24 per gallon or liter or whatever they use here (haven't found out yet as I don't have a vehicle for now). 

NOTE:  Qatar has:  McDonald's, Pizza Hut, Pizza Inn, Wendy's, Arby's, Subway Sandwiches, Burger King, Black Eyed Pea, Red Lobster, and a host of other American full-service restaurants.  The local Ramada has at least 7 clubs, taverns, or music bars alone.  There is a mall that is a huge contender for one side of the Mall of the Americas.  They sell every type of cell phone imaginable from all around the world (dual, triple, quad-band, satellite, Wi-Fi, Skype, all included), and every type of computer equipment is also sold in Soques (sooks) which are like shopping buildings full of one category of technology in one block, with other types in similar blocks across each corner. 

CHAINDOG LIVES!  Internet access sucks lemons, making me feel quite bitter as the wait time for DSL is 2-3 months, or 1+ months after Qatari residency is granted (1-3 months after entry).  *sighs*  Oh well.  I also will have a LiveJournal.com site for those interested in my meanderings and meaningless travelogues (meager now until I can update it).  It is for matured audiences as I'm not going to be "PC" for a travelogue, although there still won't be much in the way of bad language used (I AM BFM_Chaindog after all!), but I have numerous interests and some of the strangest of people have requested my friendship w/o me ever posting a blog yet.  LOL!  Mature and humor-minded audiences interested should PM me for the link.  Without much ado, I fade away until my next day off to make the long trip back to base for free internet. 

~The Incorrigible Chaindog~
   :Chaindog:
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 06:40:45 AM by BFM_Chaindog »
"May you never cheat, lie, steal, or drink....if you must cheat, cheat death..if you must lie, lie in a loved ones arms...if you must steal, steal kisses...and if you must drink, drink with us yo!"

NOTE:  I've currently returned from serving in various Middle East combat zones.  Wow, just realized how many years I've been hanging with BFM, since near the beginning!  :Chaindog:

Offline BFM_Chaindog

• BFM Admin
  • F☼rum M☼derator
Re: -=- Sheik Chaindog Lives!!! -=- (Updated 29DEC2007)
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2007, 06:13:38 AM »
Internet access here at the MWR (Morale-Welfare-Recreation) center is still very bad.  I can get faster access off-base yet due to the sheer number of viruses and keyloggers it is still safer to venture on-base right as I get off of work on my new day shifts.  Transportation from that is still a problem, as it can cost me anywhere from $5.50-$9 just to grab a taxi one-way.  Once I get my LCD monitor in, it'll cost me less to use Q-Tel's pre-paid dial-up cards than to wait for a taxi and pay to get around.  Speed should be about the same if not better for basic internet use!!!  I've updated a number of dates in my livejournal with some quick adventures, and should be adding some more today provided I don't fall asleep on my keyboard waiting for a page to load.   ::)  :bang:  :munch:  The duties here are relatively easy, and are what I'm used to for this type of work, and working with other contractors.  Have a good read!  ~Cd~

:o Three whole hours just to login here today!!   :o
"May you never cheat, lie, steal, or drink....if you must cheat, cheat death..if you must lie, lie in a loved ones arms...if you must steal, steal kisses...and if you must drink, drink with us yo!"

NOTE:  I've currently returned from serving in various Middle East combat zones.  Wow, just realized how many years I've been hanging with BFM, since near the beginning!  :Chaindog:

Offline ThE BrIcK

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2007, 06:24:04 AM »

Ouch. Good to hear from ya again Chain.
BFM History
Application - 9/23/06
Little Tags - 2/17/07
Big Tags - 4/3/07
Corporal - 3/9/08
Sergeant - 8/15/08
Lieutenant - 9/27/08
Captain - 7/4/09
Resignation - 5/20/10

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2007, 10:44:12 PM »
[...]

Ya, so...

... pls BE SURE NOT TO READ THIS!

::)

;D

(Thx for the PM! 'Am catching up on postings!)

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2007, 04:32:04 AM »
Good to hear from you!

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline RUSTY0

• Junior Poster
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2007, 07:49:16 AM »

Sounds like you've made some wise desisions. If theres anything you'd like from stateside, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Offline Plixity

• Posts Too Much
  • I'm in your base, killing your mans.
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2007, 05:20:30 PM »
Great to hear from you, Chain! Hope everything goes smoothly for you!

Stay safe!

Offline Rázgrìz

• Senior Poster
  • I am the Razgriz
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2008, 01:50:49 PM »
good to hear from you

Offline BFM_Chaindog

• BFM Admin
  • F☼rum M☼derator
Re: -=- Sheik Chaindog Lives!!! -=- (Updated 12MAR2008)
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2008, 01:03:29 AM »
Fighting my roommate for, of all things, pre-paid dial-up access, has me going kind of bonkers at the moment.  Since my company has been trying to figure out which tail end holds their brains, it has been nearly impossible to get my 2Mbps DSL activated, as we've been told that we were going to change off-post villas - or have renovations - or whatever the excuse is.  So I've taken a stance and demanded some timelines from my leadership on what the heck is the Final Answer on our homes.  I should get something more than a chubby shoulder shrug this week, and have my DSL installed by the end of the month.  I've got a backup copy of my Halo CD on my 2TB's of HDDs, so will definitely be gaming the 2nd day that I've got broadband (1st day will be dedicated to testing for security leaks).  Figured I'd update y'all on my gaming status, as it seems that aside from the training and Administrative Procedures that I've got posted all over the place, none of the new folks know who the heck I am!   :LOL:  Time to rectify that with some butt stomping all over the Race maps.   :siren: :toughguy: :siren:

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2008, 01:33:47 AM »
Whodog? XDDDDD

Good to see you enjoying yourself ;)

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL

Offline Wic

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2008, 08:03:06 AM »
Fighting my roommate for, of all things, pre-paid dial-up access, has me going kind of bonkers at the moment.  Since my company has been trying to figure out which tail end holds their brains, it has been nearly impossible to get my 2Mbps DSL activated, as we've been told that we were going to change off-post villas - or have renovations - or whatever the excuse is.  So I've taken a stance and demanded some timelines from my leadership on what the heck is the Final Answer on our homes.  I should get something more than a chubby shoulder shrug this week, and have my DSL installed by the end of the month.  I've got a backup copy of my Halo CD on my 2TB's of HDDs, so will definitely be gaming the 2nd day that I've got broadband (1st day will be dedicated to testing for security leaks).  Figured I'd update y'all on my gaming status, as it seems that aside from the training and Administrative Procedures that I've got posted all over the place, none of the new folks know who the heck I am!   :LOL:  Time to rectify that with some butt stomping all over the Race maps.   :siren: :toughguy: :siren:

Looking forward to getting to race with you / against you  :winkgrin:

Offline Mr Ninja

• Posts Too Much
  • RIP Bud
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2008, 08:24:00 AM »
Woot! glad to hear I'll be able to race with you again chain!
hope to see you soon  :)

:ninja:

A Big thanks to McSkittles for the Ninja sig

Offline Ben-BSH

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2008, 12:56:26 PM »
WOOT!

Keep Safe Dude.  :)

Offline OrbitAddict

• Posts Too Much
  • `¤_«тнιѕ,ιѕ,иот,а,Ðяιʟʟ»_¤´
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2008, 02:08:58 PM »
Good to hear from ya, stay safe!!

Print