Print 

Author Topic: Trading Steam Items  (Read 2919 times)

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
Trading Steam Items
« on: October 04, 2011, 01:39:52 PM »
Do you have any items or gifts on Steam that you want to get rid of, or willing to trade?

Please post your wishlist (games you want for example) and then make a seperate list of items you can trade. Steam users here at BFM can easy-refer to this list if they want to trade.  :happy:

Wishlist

Mass Effect 2
 Dead Island

Available to Trade
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 11:52:05 AM by BFM_Octane »

Offline BFM_Tails

• Captain
  • [VGTG]
Re: Trading Steam Games
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 01:59:38 PM »
looking for hats

lol

Offline freddd

• Senior Poster
  • W()()tsauce
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 04:57:06 PM »
You can actually trade Steam games?

Feijoa Freddd

Offline Trael

• Senior Poster
  • Hi Ho I live in a box...
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 04:24:57 PM »
I'm willing to trade out Dead Space to anyone who wants it.

Offline Lucky

• Posts Too Much
  • Just do what makes you happy. JKLOL
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 06:40:45 AM »
I'll trade Team Fortress 2

Offline Wic

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 07:28:34 AM »
I'm surprised.. I did not think you were allowed to trade Steam games.  Since they are tied to your account not sure how that works?

I know they recently came up with the ability to trade some ITEMS for some games, but I would still be very surprised if you can trade the actual games??

**Edit**

I looked around Steam and found this policy.  You can trade games but only if they were gifts to you and you never played them.  Unless there is an updated policy somewhere which I couldn't find, here are SOME of the policies....
Full reading <<< HERE >>>
Policy update (Sept/11)  <<< HERE >>>

Steam Trading
Question
What is Steam Trading and how does it work?

Answer
What items can be traded?
Currently, Team Fortress 2 items, Spiral Knights items and gifts purchased on Steam can all be traded between one another.

Will there be other games that support trading?
We’re working now with other game developers to incorporate both Trading and Inventories. Portal 2 should be reasonably soon and we hope to have several third-party games in the next few months.

What do you mean by trading Steam Gifts?
Any game you’ve purchased from the store as a gift, or received as an Extra Copy, can be traded to other users. They can be used to trade for other Gifts, or for items in Team Fortress 2 or Spiral Knights. We’ve added a new checkout option to the Store when purchasing a gift so you can save it for trading or sending later, to support users who want to save games for trade fodder.

What restrictions are there on trading Steam Gifts?
Trading a Steam Gift is very similar to sending a gift to someone; just that once it is traded that user can then either trade it again, or open it for themselves. There are no restrictions on territory.

Why aren’t some of my gifts tradable?
Only gifts that are purchased on trusted accounts can be traded immediately; otherwise there is a 90-day cool down before the gift can be traded. Any account that has made any valid purchase from the Steam Store more than 90 days ago is considered trusted. This is to ensure that all games traded are valuable, and help prevent fraudulent purchases for the purpose of trades.

Does Steam Trading mean I can sell my used games?
No, only games that have been bought as a gift, and thus have never been played, can be traded. Once the Steam Gift is opened and added to your game library, you won’t be able to trade it again.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 07:53:11 AM by BFM_Wic »

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 08:49:33 AM »
Ah, I have jumped the gun on this thread then sorry folks. Wic is right here. Looking through the steam support area myself again it doesn't actually mention... trading games, gifts yes. Unplayed games only if anything by the looks of things.

F for Fail.  :doh:

Offline Wic

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 10:55:45 AM »
Awww... I was hoping you were right!!!!

I retitled the thread for Steam Game Items, so if anyone has any of the stuff they CAN trade they can list it.

Just be sure to NOT list your Steam IDs in any posts please.  :winkgrin:

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
Re: Trading Steam Items
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 11:23:27 AM »
Yeah me too, someone on my list even messaged me "you wanna trade games with me?" and a link button to trade had popped up too. Though I was afk so he had logged off by the time I came to the screen. It had me convinced it could be done.

Since then, its clicked, your trading cd keys of which the previous owner has already seen when unlocking the game, possibly already noted down somewhere.

Offline BFM_Tails

• Captain
  • [VGTG]
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 05:04:20 PM »
I'll trade Team Fortress 2

Ill take ten

gibe hat plz

Offline Lucky

• Posts Too Much
  • Just do what makes you happy. JKLOL
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 08:22:08 AM »
I'm pretty sure you can trade games.

Saw this on TF2TP
Due to steam trading now going live, trading for steam games is now allowed. Trading for cash, however, is still forbidden.

Probably still means unopened though.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 08:51:37 AM by BFM_Lucky »

Offline freddd

• Senior Poster
  • W()()tsauce
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2011, 02:46:27 PM »
Yeah, apparently you can trade gifts that were bought from the steam store, before they've been added to an account's library.

Feijoa Freddd

Print