Print 

Author Topic: Magic Wand Tool*  (Read 2217 times)

Offline -shiNe!

• Senior Poster
  • Former bfm & PR
Magic Wand Tool*
« on: December 05, 2011, 10:53:39 PM »
I use Paint.Net, but I'm quite sure that the tool Is the same for the other programs like Photoshop or Gimp. Any who, I'm having a lot of trouble selecting a whole Image using Magic Hand. I need to use that Image, and then paste It on over to the main part of what I'm working on. But I can't seem to select the whole Image, without It leaving out a piece. Are there any tips with using this? And If this doesn't go against BFM privacy rules, could we use Team Viewer with each other, If It comes down to that.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 01:10:46 AM by bfm_ØRiK »

Add me on Steam!
I lived in the days of Tanxs when he was but a kid.
BFM clan only scrims were my favorite. I was so proud to make it into the ranks of this clan, but proud enough to let that be my downfall.
I am only happy that I got to experience such a legendary clan.

Offline Dusaro

• Junior Poster
  • AWPS are for n00bs
Re: Magic Hand Tool
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 11:07:37 PM »
If the background is transparent you can use the rectangular and just move it that way. Otherwise, when using paint.net always have each image or text on its own layer.

Dusaro/FM's Known HB History
Nov 13, 2010: Joined HB
UNKNOWN PERIOD
Jul 28, 2011: Reapplied for HB
Jul 29, 2011: ReAccepted into HB
Jul 31, 2011: RePromoted to Forum Moderator(Field Marshall)
Jan 30, 2012: Promoted to Co-Leader
July 27, 2012: HB Disbanded
Dec 2, 2012: HB Reopened
Dec 2, 2012: Became Advisor for Anarchy(new leader)

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 12:31:37 AM »

Do you mean the Magic Wand tool? The magic wand is used to select areas where the color is similar, or if you're lucky/good, you can get it to select an entire object in an image. It's not meant to select all.

If you want to select an entire layer, use CTRL+A, or Edt > Select All. This will make the selection cover the entire canvas and it'll stay active until you deselect it, no matter which layer you want to work with.

If after you've pasted something and you want to remove the selection from around what was pasted, use CTRL+D, or Edit > Deselect.

If you want to select just a portion of something, use the Lasso tool, or the Rectangle or Ellipse Select tools.

And if you want to the image to be just one layer instead of several, go to Image > Flatten and it will flatten all layers into one.

If none of that answers your question(s), maybe tell us more what you're looking for. I'm not using Team Viewer.

Offline -shiNe!

• Senior Poster
  • Former bfm & PR
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 01:06:52 AM »

Do you mean the Magic Wand tool? The magic wand is used to select areas where the color is similar, or if you're lucky/good, you can get it to select an entire object in an image. It's not meant to select all.

If you want to select an entire layer, use CTRL+A, or Edt > Select All. This will make the selection cover the entire canvas and it'll stay active until you deselect it, no matter which layer you want to work with.

If after you've pasted something and you want to remove the selection from around what was pasted, use CTRL+D, or Edit > Deselect.

If you want to select just a portion of something, use the Lasso tool, or the Rectangle or Ellipse Select tools.

And if you want to the image to be just one layer instead of several, go to Image > Flatten and it will flatten all layers into one.

If none of that answers your question(s), maybe tell us more what you're looking for. I'm not using Team Viewer.

Wow! Thanks so much Jane :D

Add me on Steam!
I lived in the days of Tanxs when he was but a kid.
BFM clan only scrims were my favorite. I was so proud to make it into the ranks of this clan, but proud enough to let that be my downfall.
I am only happy that I got to experience such a legendary clan.

Print