Print 

Author Topic: SOCCER SCRIM 8PM CENTRAL SATURDAY NIGHT!!!  (Read 1346 times)

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
  • BFM's General Oversight >:)
SOCCER SCRIM 8PM CENTRAL SATURDAY NIGHT!!!
« on: January 13, 2012, 09:37:25 PM »
The long anticipated soccer scrim is here tomorrow night! For all you soccer fans out there it is time to show us your skills and take the game away. For those of you that are new I strongly recommend giving it a go. It is heaps of fun and a surprisingly strategic game where everyone on the team can have a completely different role in taking victory. See you all there tomorrow night!!

Nrvend is too old. We race in hogs, not wheelchairs.
Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?
Exodus is the all-time Major Pain.

Offline BFM_Xplod£

• BFM Admin
Re: SOCCER SCRIM 8PM CENTRAL SATURDAY NIGHT!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 06:16:51 PM »
:yesyes: :yesyes: Less than 1 hour to go until Kickoff!!!!  :yesyes: :yesyes:

To any vent guests or BFM's out there who haven't competed in Soccer Scrims before, feel free to take part. These soccer scrims are a lot of FUN and we will have more experienced players around able to explain any rules or help you with any questions!!

Hope to see you all there!!!  :winkgrin:

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 10:15:14 PM »

And it was a good one! The soccer scrims are always a lot of fun, as only heavy weapons in Blood Gulch can be ;)

They play three rounds (or thirds, whatever you want to call them) with each being 20 minutes long. Basically, each team has to get a hog to touch the opposite base, by shooting, nading or driving it over there.

Jmaster and Victus picked teams and were the captains.

The final score was Victus 3 - Jmaster  2

Xan scored both goals for Jmaster's team and Brandon, Crimson and Lucky got one each for Victus' team. Good job to everyone!

Just for fun, I whipped out the calculator and added up the Kills, Assists, and Deaths and put them in an ugly chart:

The third round was rough with no goals at all, so 20 minutes of pure chaos.

GG!

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 06:46:47 AM »
So I were sat in the scrim channel last night, half way through the guys picking teams was when I actually realised I was in for a footy scrim (laff) and not a race scrim. So was briefed up on the rules before we started hehe.

Exodus your right man its loads of fun, ive been seriously missing out so count me in for the next one!  ;D

Offline Sammy

• Junior Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 04:25:00 PM »
whens the next one and also how does it work??

Offline jim360

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 04:29:32 PM »
At the moment I don't believe we have one scheduled, though you never know!

First rule is that you need BFM vent access in order to play. After that... have a glance at this thread, I think it's up-to-date. Though, for all those rules, really soccer is a sort of organised, heavy-weapons chaos. But very fun!
Check out my Short introduction... corner and my "Historical figures who should perhaps be better-known" thread!!

Exciting videos: 1.1 / 1.2 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

Offline Sammy

• Junior Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 12:26:50 AM »
i got vent so if im able to play, would someone be able to tell me cause it sounds fun and interesting :)

Print