Print 

Author Topic: TRIBES: Ascend  (Read 8560 times)

Offline BFM_Tails

• Captain
  • [VGTG]
TRIBES: Ascend
« on: January 31, 2012, 07:48:16 PM »
TRIBES: ascend is a classed based free to play FPS. CTF is the main gameplay mode, but there is TDM and a rabbit mode ( not sure what that is ). the game is very different to your regular FPS, "skiing'' at rediclous speeds is the best way to get around. check this video out

http://www.youtube.com/v/biaBvDUSEl0&feature=related&rel=0

It looks easy, but its really hard to get the hang of. add in a server full of people and your in for a real good time. The game is in Beta at the moment, and there a few ways to get a key code for it. If you enjoy halo then I fully recommend this game to you.

Offline BFM_Crimson

• BFM Admin
    • I'm copying JANE...
Re: TRIBES: Ascend
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 04:06:05 PM »
This game is heaps of fun, I can't wait to see how they develop the multiplayer lobby thing. At the moment, its just lots of fun messing around ;D

.       Thanks JANE, LËÕ, Lucky, MiG and Tails for rendering signature services!

Offline BFM_Tails

• Captain
  • [VGTG]
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 04:33:08 PM »
The game is open Beta now too, any one can play without having to get a code. Me and crimson often play together.

Offline BFM_Crimson

• BFM Admin
    • I'm copying JANE...
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 04:37:45 PM »
The taunting system is quite amusing too  :LOL:

.       Thanks JANE, LËÕ, Lucky, MiG and Tails for rendering signature services!

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 04:49:03 AM »
Oh WOW! That game looks amazing :D Is the guy in the video like flying or something? Or riding some type of vehicle? I'm gonna download it :) We should play sometime Tails and Crim.

~Panther

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

............................................................ ............................................................
..........        ..........      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
.........    ..    .........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
........    ....    ........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
.......              .......      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....            ........
......     ......     .......     ......     .................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
.....     ........     .......     ....     ..................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
....     ..........     ........           ......                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
........................................................... .............................................................

Btw just cuz Ben1 haz a higher pitched voice doesn't make him better than meh D:

I miss mah squeakeh voice D: Its harder to be the stereotypical kid on Xbox now :(

The Best Quote Ever By Exodus:

"I will get you unbanned in the next few days. In the meantime go easy on the caffeine."

Offline BFM_Elkric

• BFM Admin
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 09:32:34 AM »
What are your usernames?

Offline BFM_Tails

• Captain
  • [VGTG]
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 01:53:52 PM »
they guy isnt riding a vehicle, your suit activates a frictionless mode that lets you ski. My username is ThunderChild and crimsons is Crimson.

Offline BFM_Crimson

• BFM Admin
    • I'm copying JANE...
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 02:04:59 PM »
they guy isnt riding a vehicle, your suit activates a frictionless mode that lets you ski. My username is ThunderChild and crimsons is Crimson.

Tails managed to get both our usernames wrong :D

His is TlnunderChild and mine is CrimsonStijn

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 11:37:42 PM »
OK, Awesome! I really like the look of this game :D Downloading now.

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

............................................................ ............................................................
..........        ..........      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
.........    ..    .........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
........    ....    ........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
.......              .......      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....            ........
......     ......     .......     ......     .................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
.....     ........     .......     ....     ..................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
....     ..........     ........           ......                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
........................................................... .............................................................

Btw just cuz Ben1 haz a higher pitched voice doesn't make him better than meh D:

I miss mah squeakeh voice D: Its harder to be the stereotypical kid on Xbox now :(

The Best Quote Ever By Exodus:

"I will get you unbanned in the next few days. In the meantime go easy on the caffeine."

Offline BFM_Elkric

• BFM Admin
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 03:34:07 AM »
A very unique and fun game. I'm not often attracted by new multiplayer games, especially not First Person Shooter ones, but I really enjoy this game. Even while playing in a server located down under.

Really nice gameplay. At least Capture the Flag, but I've only tested Arena and Team Deathmatch very briefly. I like the Class System and how you unlock classes and gear and perks as you progress.

I wonder though, is there a functional way to mute someone's chat? I could only find the option during map changes at the scoreboard, but that seemed to reset once the new map begun.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 03:45:16 AM by BFM_Elkric »

Offline BFM_Tails

• Captain
  • [VGTG]
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 01:59:38 PM »
Yes Ive found the same problem as you, Ill try to find a solution.

Offline ËQINÖX

• Regular Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 05:44:27 AM »
Looks  intresting  is downloading now to give it a  try. As  for my user name someone has already  stolen  EQINOX   >.<   so have gone with BFMEQINOX

Offline BFM_Ben1

• BFM Admin
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 07:41:13 AM »
I have downloaded it on my laptop but its really really laggy. Even moving my mouse on teh main menu is about 1 seconds behind time. DOes anyone have any ideas why this is or any fixes?

:yesyes:it does look really good though!

Thanks to Spood for this sig!

Awards won:

Aussie Scrims Team dStruct- Season VI Champions
Season 21 Captain Scrims- All Star
Season 21 Captain Scrims- Star Rookie
Season 22 Captain Scrims- MVP
Season 22 Captain Scrims- Most Improved
Season 22 Captain Scrims- All Star

Offline BFM_Elkric

• BFM Admin
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2012, 07:49:22 AM »
I have downloaded it on my laptop but its really really laggy. Even moving my mouse on teh main menu is about 1 seconds behind time. DOes anyone have any ideas why this is or any fixes?

:yesyes:it does look really good though!

You might need to lower your graphics and resolution settings.

I think the cursor in the menu is quite laggy in general, because it lags for me there as well, but no lag in game with high graphics.

Offline BFM_Elkric

• BFM Admin
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2012, 03:37:36 PM »
Is there a way to move a turret or force field? I realize that they replace each other once they reach their limit in numbers, but if you, for example, regret placing the turret on that particular spot, can you simply move it a meter or two somehow? Or destroy it so that you can place another one near its previous location, without having to wait for an enemy to destroy it?

Tails, my message cut short in game and I did not see your responses either -- I could not figure out how to open a history of the chat, if that is possible.

Print