Print 

Author Topic: Lag= Gun  (Read 1527 times)

Offline Legacy_GT

• Junior Poster
  • I drive to the end and gun till they're dead.
Lag= Gun
« on: February 10, 2012, 02:27:35 PM »
Ok, so I have a very serious question, I know that there is a rule about ping, and a rule against gun hopping. but if you are lagging but have a low ping( i.e your driving and you start jumping all over the place) is it alright to get in a gunner seat so you do not put your passengers in danger? I only ask this cuz moments ago I was in a server, and for a few maps I was I getting that lag, and in fear of breaking the gun hopping rule I drove, and in ice fields accidently went over the bridge a few times and died. so is that an exception? Now I know one answer to this might be, well leave the server and try to fix it, but what if as a gunner you have a better line of vision so to speak since the driver doesnt have the lag(?). anyway hope this makes sense haha.

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
Re: Lag= Gun
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 02:41:04 PM »

Maybe if you're only lagging for a minute you could do that, but if you're lagging the whole time you're there, as you said, try to fix it. If you're actually lagging, gunning won't be easy or possible either and if it is, you should try driving again.

It's not fair to the other players if you only gun, no matter the reason.

Offline Wic

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 05:24:10 PM »
I'll just toss in that BFM has no rule regarding ping in our servers.

We might suggest that a guest with very very severe ping/lag try and fix it, but its sort of difficult because if they are severely lagged then chances are they aren't going to even see the message in the chat anyway.

Most players with bad lag end up finding it pretty hard to play and leave on their own as its not much fun for them either.  If they lag to the point of not being able to move then an admin would likely remove them - they might not even be able to leave on their own at that point, but there isn't and I don't believe ever has been a set rule about ping or a number that a ping can't be higher than.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 05:28:52 PM by BFM_Wic »

Offline BFM_Elvis

• Leader
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 07:44:55 PM »
Another way to do this is to talk to your gunner. I was gunning a guy who I saw was lagging. He in hog chat asked me to drive him because he was lagging so bad. I gladly switched seats and away we went. Your teammates will work with you if they see you are having issues.

Print