Print 

Author Topic: A gift to all you dedicated racers!  (Read 7073 times)

Offline Moosh

• Regular Poster
A gift to all you dedicated racers!
« on: February 15, 2012, 11:42:47 PM »
I've just returned to halo race, and after playing the stock maps for a day I could stand it no longer and had to find my custom ones I made a few years ago...

They make the game sooooooo much more enjoyable for me that I thought I'd share them... one at a time so as not to overwhelm you all from the pure awesomeness of them! :P

First up, and my personal fave,
Blood Gulch

Click here to download!!

...............................................................................................

Gephyrophobia

Click here to download!!

...............................................................................................

Danger Canyon

Click here to download!!

To install the new map file navigate to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo\MAPS you'll want to take the original bloodgulch.map out of the folder and save it somewhere safe so you can put it back if need be. Once you've sorted out a backup for the map, put the new map you downloaded into the MAPS folder, and you're good to go with any luck!! :)
Please note: I've never tried to give these custom map files to anybody so I'm not sure if everything will work/look as expected... fingers crossed!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 07:59:52 PM by BlitZ // Moosh »

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
Re: A gift to all you dedicated racers!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 12:23:48 AM »

Moved this to Multimedia, I suppose it's better there. And I downloaded and tried out the map, very cool looking!

Offline -shiNe!

• Senior Poster
  • Former bfm & PR
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 12:28:52 AM »
Version of bg looks sooo much better. I'm gonna hold of for a lil, just to see If anyone has any problems first.
Also, did you make your hog/rocket skins?

Add me on Steam!
I lived in the days of Tanxs when he was but a kid.
BFM clan only scrims were my favorite. I was so proud to make it into the ranks of this clan, but proud enough to let that be my downfall.
I am only happy that I got to experience such a legendary clan.

Offline Moosh

• Regular Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 12:39:14 AM »
Yup, everything in there is made by me, I've also skinned the banshee and ghost, and a few of the weapons! You'll have to play it to see how cool it all is haha.

Thanks JANE, wasn't sure where to put it haha.

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 03:30:44 AM »

Played through it a few times and I like it! After the map is over, the other maps look ugly and boring. :P

Offline Fraggle

• Posts Too Much
  • Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional!
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 03:48:19 AM »
Looks great! Thanks Blitz.

The bases have a 'quake' feel about them with the aged moss covered brickwork. Love it!
Many thanks to BFM_MiG for the awesometastic siggy!!
Quote from: BFM_JANE
It's just like life! Except with more rockets!

~ӺƦ∂פ₲Ļĕ
Quote from: some random person somewhere
When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin.
It works not because it settles the question for you, but because in that brief moment when the coin is in the air...

...You suddenly know what you are hoping for!

Offline Moosh

• Regular Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 04:57:32 AM »
You wouldn't believe how difficult it was to get those bases to look good and semi-realistic... also have you gone inside of the bases?... I think the gardeners been neglecting his duties in there too if I remember rightly... :P

JANE - I'll work my way through uploading all of my maps to brighten up the whole experience, it's a pretty big file all together and I have a low broadband allowance over here, so planning on splitting it up and building the suspense :D I've only done a large amount of modification on 4 of the maps, but at least if I upload them all you can get the cool vehicles in them at least.

Fraggle - Just wait till you see Gephy for the 'quake' feel!! :)

Offline BFM_Ben1

• BFM Admin
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 06:42:57 AM »
General question- once you download these do they get used automatically? So if you got the BG one, every time you joined a BG server the map would be this version?

Thanks to Spood for this sig!

Awards won:

Aussie Scrims Team dStruct- Season VI Champions
Season 21 Captain Scrims- All Star
Season 21 Captain Scrims- Star Rookie
Season 22 Captain Scrims- MVP
Season 22 Captain Scrims- Most Improved
Season 22 Captain Scrims- All Star

Offline Lucky

• Posts Too Much
  • Just do what makes you happy. JKLOL
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 06:55:32 AM »
General question- once you download these do they get used automatically? So if you got the BG one, every time you joined a BG server the map would be this version?

Just follow the directions.  If Blitz's directions don't work just get HMT and you'll have to ask him for each individual file to mod in yourself.  It looks like people are getting it to work though, so just follow the directions.

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 07:14:25 AM »
Reminds me of the old pepness redux mod, I think by the time they finished it, they had completely overhauled the entire game with new skins and visuals.  Was a fun challenge playing Danger Canyon race in a blinding blizzard while everyone else drove around in the sun hehe.

Nice job on the BG map. Hope you do share the other maps.  :)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 07:21:11 AM by BFM_Octane »

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 10:26:23 AM »

Ben, to answer your question, it is automatic. All your Blood Gulches will look like the skinned one. If you want to go back, you'd have to take out Blitz's file and put in the original one.

I didn't have any trouble making the change, just a quick file change. BFM_Effect couldn't get it to work though, he thought it might be because he has hog skins. So at least one person couldn't get it to work.

Offline Lucky

• Posts Too Much
  • Just do what makes you happy. JKLOL
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 10:31:20 AM »
Make sure you make a backup unless you want to hunt down your disc and reinstall, too.

Offline BFM_Rickp9

• BFM Admin
  • I Am Canadian EH!
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 10:48:56 AM »
will have to do this when i get home tonight

Offline MufnMan

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know The MufnMan?
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2012, 12:44:34 PM »
That's a sweet map retexture, BlitZ! Way cool! It's funny because I wasn't aware you were the original maker of that RH skin! I've been using it for months! Hah A few months back, Octane helped me learn how to do all the file switching and what not for skins and since then, I've been addicted! :P

The only difference now is that the rocket, barrel part is rainbow because I got a rainbow Rocket Launcher skin and the RH gun turret shares the rocket launcher file. I think it looks cool and funny! :dance:

Here's a cool BloodGulch ReTexture I've been using myself lately(though I'm not the maker of it).

As you can see I had a little corruption with my banshee reticels because I was messing around with reticels. The map though is suppose to look sort of like a desert at sunrise with the orange skies. You can't see it very well but the dirt is a dried up,cracked texture. The grass is more dry and dead and the trees are completely dead and sun bleached. Oh, and of course the cliffs are different.

Now I don't mean to steal your thread or anything, just one more fun retexture I found on the internet and used for the Christmas Holiday!

Christmas Timberland!

Anyways, Sweet Retexture! I may have to start using that one now! I can't wait to see your other ones! :neckbeard:
54.77    62.93    46.97    77.27    68.80    55.83    99.93    89.77

"Live in the present,remember the past,and fear not the future,for it doesn't exist and never shall. There is only now."
-Saphira/Eldest-

“We're so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take time to enjoy where we are.”
-Calvin&Hobbes-

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
-John Lennon-

Offline jim360

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2012, 03:19:33 PM »
Nice! I thought I'd make a few modifications to it though...

That ought to make gunning easier :P.
Check out my Short introduction... corner and my "Historical figures who should perhaps be better-known" thread!!

Exciting videos: 1.1 / 1.2 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

Print