Print 

Author Topic: Shooting immediately after loading up: A Query for the Quoncil of Questions!  (Read 1476 times)

Offline HastaLaVista

• Senior Poster
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 12:00:02 AM by HastaLaVista »

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.

In the situation you've describe, it was not camping and anyone would have started shooting as soon as they could.  Maybe Cartius didn't see you jump in, and only saw the moment right after, where the hog was not yet moving but you were shooting.  I guess that could look like camping, if you only spare a half second to assess the situation.  Sometimes that's all you can spare, but it's not enough to make a decision.

Jumping in a gun seat in the middle of a fight and shooting immediately would not be camping because you have no reason to believe the driver is going to sit there a few seconds after.  If that does happen, if they don't immediately start moving and you've already killed enemies, you can explain in chat really quick that you didn't realize your driver was AFK, or otherwise not moving.

In most cases, especially in the public servers, driver and gunner can't quickly communicate.  It's going to take a second or two for the gunner to realize what the driver is (or isn't) doing and we'll allow for that.  But if someone stops to pick you up, they will likely get moving again once you're in, so fire at will. And Cartius ;)

Offline HastaLaVista

• Senior Poster
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 11:59:52 PM by HastaLaVista »

Offline BFM_Elvis

• Leader
LowKey I will add another time it is fair to shoot from a hog that isnt moving. Im sharing this for all of our guest. I know I have been driving guest and had to stop to admin the sever. So now we arent moving and my gunner will normally think he or she cant fire. You can fire but not offensively but only defensively. I hate when I have to stop to admin and my gunner gets killed trying to not hog camp. I know this is also cover under you are defending yourself but many dont realize you can fire when the BFM has to stop to admin.

Print