Print 

Author Topic: teamshooting  (Read 1612 times)

Offline Escorpion

• Junior Poster
teamshooting
« on: February 28, 2012, 11:07:07 PM »
okay first of all, I know this issue has been gone over a million times, but, here it is..

okay so this happened in Infinity.. of all maps *sigh*
we started off the map I'd say okay.. I started on the right side of the map and got a rocket hog there was no one else on that side so i drove off,  got first nav at base and kept going I was getting to third nav by the pipes when I just started getting shot at by my own team, now at first I thought, well it's just another person just doing it for fun, but he kept going without saying anything just shooting at me, i know he was in a chain because the yellow dot on minimap was going at same pace, so i just kept going and I got really ticked off.. this kept going for a while until the nav at the other end of the base, then i stopped cause that's when he "asked" me to stop.. and I told him not to be shooting at teammates like that because it was annoying.. and his response was, "well you wouldn't stop, bro" but in all the time he was shooting and kept shooting at me he never even mentioned for me to stop till the moment i did, he never made a sound.

BFM_Dablkin was there in the server it was just a few mins ago.. I'm just wondering if there's any rule or something close to prohibiting that sort of behavior. because it really made me mad that he just kept shooting at me without saying anything. then when i stopped I looked back and he was indeed in the back of a chain. which ticked me off more cause I knew he was doing it on purpose whether to catch my attention like he claims or just for fun, it really doesn't matter like i told him 3 shots would've sufficed to "catch my attention" if that didn't work then at least tell me you want me to stop.. not keep shooting at me. he was in the gunner seat for arguments sake he could've talked to me and there were no enemies around.. i just feel it was really unnecessary what he did and how he did it.

sorry for the long message, but if you guys can answer to me, again my question is "is there any sort of rule or something close to a rule that prohibits the use of this? or similar situations?"

also on a separate note i have heard a couple of drivers say that they won't stop if someone empties their gun on the hog just to call their attention, and frankly I'm with them on this.. 3-4 shots will do even from an AR you can count.
what Aranwe did, it just seemed like he was doing it on purpose. seemed wrong.

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
Re: teamshooting
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 12:23:09 AM »

Rule 4.3

You may fire a non-explosive weapon at a teammate to get his or her attention, for example, to request a ride. A brief burst or shot is preferred for this purpose. Remember that firing a long burst (two seconds or more) at your teammate can temporarily blind him or her

Offline Escorpion

• Junior Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 02:10:55 AM »
yeah, that's exactly what he did, but he claims he did it to catch my attention, which a short burst as stated in the rules is sufficient for that, or in this case since he was gunner he could've told me whether in teamchat or regular chat that he wanted me to stop.

anyways, thanks Kiwi for taking the time to read this and clarifying it :)

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 02:25:57 AM »

Yep, no reason to shoot at all if you can take the time to chat.  If he was already gunning, I don't understand why he wanted you to stop.

Offline BFM_Elvis

• Leader
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 03:38:30 AM »
I totally agree with you and it would have made me mad too. If you just shoot a few shots then stop then in a few seconds try again most of us know it is someone trying to get our attention. What would have been best is to fire those FEW shots and then post Hey teammate I just shot you with a few shots. Wait up for me so I can gun your rocket hog we are right behind you. Takes time but could have been done if he didnt get your attention with the few shot burst a couple of times first.

Offline Escorpion

• Junior Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 10:57:38 AM »
you're right, Elvis, at first like I said I thought it was just someone doing it for fun, sometimes people don't have anything to do and just start shooting randomly or something. But I can recognize chain fire and the AR fire and this was definitely chain fire that's why I didn't stop. I figured he was already gunning, and even if they had a passanger lol, it's the same deal here tbh, they're free to talk no one's around.

anyways, thanks guys for the help, greatly appreciated.

Print