Print 

Author Topic: nading down  (Read 1486 times)

Offline InSanity

• Junior Poster
  • AKA Mauser
nading down
« on: March 01, 2012, 08:53:41 PM »
i know most of the spots not 2 but 1 has me wondering cause i get naded on it so often the hills in danger canyon below each base does this count as nading down? also alot of games ill c nades come over the hill but u can't c the person tossing it so im guessing blind nading
steady your aim take your time make the shot count remember your not gunning for your self but your team

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
Re: nading down
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 09:24:18 PM »

Blind nading is throwing nades when you can't see the target and hoping to hit something. Spam nading is its cousin :)

I'm not sure which hill you're talking about on Danger Canyon, but since the whole map is very hilly, you won't be considered "nading down" if you're at the top of a hill and the enemy is at the bottom. This is mainly because all the navs are on the hilly parts.

If someone goes through the tunnels to the ledges in the middle and throws nades, that would be considered nading down.

Offline InSanity

• Junior Poster
  • AKA Mauser
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 09:27:20 PM »
thx jane and the hill i was talking about say u just left red base and passed the rock with the shotgun and health pack those hills
steady your aim take your time make the shot count remember your not gunning for your self but your team

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 09:29:44 PM »
You can nade down hills like on Danger Canyon.  The places you cannot nade down are bridges, ledges and the large bases:
- bridges and ledges on Danger Canyon
- cliffs on Blood Gulch (but bases and hills are ok)
- top of bases on Sidewinder, cliffs on Sidewinder, but you may nade a hog on the ramps if you are walking down the ramps
- from upper level on Gephy down to the lower level (ok if you're passenger in a hog though)
- bridge, ledges and Ice Fields (and bases, but you shouldn't be there anyway)
- bases on Infinity (not allowed on bridges)
- top of bases on Timberland into the spawn area, or from the top of the big jump down to the bottom - once you're one your way down I think it's fine, and it's ok on the smaller side hills
- Death Island - if you spawn on a base, you can throw one nade down if necessary (otherwise by the time you jump down they can be gone with all the hogs), otherwise not allowed

And yes, you cannot throw nades over hills, around corners and so forth (happens a lot on Danger Canyon and Timberland) in anticipation that a hog might come along and trip over one.  You have to be able to see your target.  It's not cool to just chuck nade after nade while walking in hopes it hits something that might come along.

edit: oops jane beat me to it!

Offline InSanity

• Junior Poster
  • AKA Mauser
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 09:46:06 PM »
Kiwi any and all info is welcome !

u can never know enough

Print