Print 

Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 2627 times)

Offline Còól

• Posts Too Much
  • Life is uncertain, Death is not
Mass Effect 3
« on: March 22, 2012, 04:23:57 PM »
I have been into this series hardcore. I got my copy of Mass Effect 3. It in my opinion has lived up to the others. What does everyone else think. Did it for you as well?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 04:38:08 PM by BFM_Còól »

BFM_CòóL IS CòóL!!! - Love, MiG

A CòóL ORIGINAL

If life has not scarred you, you have not lived it.

You Have All The Weapons You Need,
Now Fight!!

Ill give you a cookie if you can tell me what that last quote is from!!

Offline BFM_Tails

• Captain
  • [VGTG]
Re: Mass Effect 3
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 02:35:26 AM »
boycotted due to massive amounts of DLC. I hope you enjoy it cool.

Offline Trael

• Senior Poster
  • Hi Ho I live in a box...
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 11:59:46 AM »
I'm not buying any games until march is over due to a movement by Anonymous otherwise I'd have it.

Offline Còól

• Posts Too Much
  • Life is uncertain, Death is not
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 12:59:38 PM »
What do you mean massive amounts of DLC, there was some that got issued with the collectors edition but other than that there has been none for mass effect 3. Mass effect 2 had some but not a crazy amount.

BFM_CòóL IS CòóL!!! - Love, MiG

A CòóL ORIGINAL

If life has not scarred you, you have not lived it.

You Have All The Weapons You Need,
Now Fight!!

Ill give you a cookie if you can tell me what that last quote is from!!

Online Wic

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 02:10:45 PM »
He means it was blocked in Australia for purchase due to the game requirements there :(

Offline BFM_Tails

• Captain
  • [VGTG]
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 04:09:38 PM »
He means it was blocked in Australia for purchase due to the game requirements there :(
no. Day 1 DLC and DLC that is on the disk you have to pay for is not ok with me  :mike:

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 05:00:42 PM »
Got Mass Effect on Xbox360, just completed Mass Effect 2 on PC... Buying ME3 on Friday.  ;D

Ok so have been absolutely hammering Mass Effect 3. Love it. Those cinematic battle scenes are truly great to watch when you finally beat something big (im not playing it on easy mode...). Enjoying the developing of a mass race armada against the reapers as the storey develops.

They've been killing it each game with the harvesting materials side of things... The first game you could actually land on the planets and drive around in a 6-wheeler and could travel around immensely large areas of mountains, passage ways and rocky areas in search for materials, broken probes or downed ships etc etc etc, and being at risk of any on-world giant worms and things like that which may have been around. On the second game you could just scan planets but there was at least an element of fun in searching for the best area of the planet surface and getting the most out of the scanning. In Mass Effect 3 you can only scan areas of solar systems for scraps and money it seems. Which I suppose fits the whole thing of, this time its war and main thing is developing an army. But its so annoying, the more times you scan the more chance of a Reaper ship coming after you and... gawd theyre annoyin. The whole thing is annoyin... I want my 6 wheeler back...

The graphics are great and for a computer as old and hammered as mine now, no issues with performance either. Loading screens are very quick.

Sound... Epic. I noticed they did a really good job with the sound effects both in-game as well as in the cinematic scenes. The music fits as per usual with the Mass Effect games. The music which plays while searching around planets and systems has been that same piece since the first game.

Over all, feel very involved in the storey line, cool weapons, plenty to explore, plenty of missions and side missions. Im not usually in to 3rd person view but I can settle with it on these games.

Best modern sci-fi next to Halo in the gaming world for me.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 06:13:56 PM by BFM_Octane »

Print