Print 

Author Topic: more to race  (Read 1498 times)

Offline Escorpion

• Junior Poster
more to race
« on: April 02, 2012, 01:07:45 AM »
well I came here with a great idea, but now it sort of demoted haha.

we'll see how this comes up.

for the past year or so, I've been happy racing in BFM, you guys are a great clan with great admins that do their jobs at keeping the fun going. It's been a blast racing with good BFM racers and guests alike. But idk, for sometime now I've been looking into something more than just a good race. Something that really catches people's attention and keeps it a fun and easy going environment.

my original idea was a tourney, of course that was after I realized you'd have to give out a prize lol.. but idk, I was looking more into like what BFM does like scrims sort of. then another idea came to me, BFM vs. Guests, any BFM could participate if they want as well as good behaving guests and not troublemakers, I'm not trying to be mean, but if this idea were to take place, well BFM should be able to race without having to be admining campers and the like, that's what I mean by good behaving guests, that actually focus on racing and following rules and not breaking them.

anyways it wouldn't be considered a "scrim" I know BFM scrims are closed to the public, but in my opinion it would be a lot of fun, BFM on one team 6, and guests on the other team 6, full server, maybe closed, have a thread on forums for people to sign up or something.

I know it seems like a lot lol, but hey it was worth bringing it up, I race with BFMs like Jane, 360 and even Dread on opposite teams and sometimes same team, but it's a whole lot different when they're with their own clan mates taking out the opposing team :P and actually focused on racing as well as having fun. as for me it would surely bring out the best in me to do the same.

anyways, just thought I'd put it out there, like I said I know for the moment it might be a lot to take in and it might not happen, but maybe later, or at least give it a try :)

thanks for your time.

oh and if I didn't explain myself good enough, pm or let me know.
and if you're wondering where this idea came from. you can thank mxy xD I know he meant it as a joke the whole FPS thing, but it got me thinking about when Halo was actually alive in the slayer/TS/CTF areas back in kw and such. But of course this wouldn't be clan to clan matches, plus not to mention it'd be races instead of flags and the like.

still working on the specifics of how it would all play out. Personally the way I put it, It would really benefit the BFM's that participate more than the guests, because of all the hard work that you guys do on the servers, I know even as an admin sometimes you just wanna race without having to deal with rulebreakers and such, and I think this would be a good opportunity for you guys as well as us the guest to enjoy some good and if I may say so, sort of competitive races but always within the rules.

I know you guys are busy with the servers and scrims and such, sorry if this is a bad idea.

Offline Wic

• Posts Too Much
Re: more to race
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 03:53:34 PM »
Hey Degel;

This sort of thing has been suggested before.  We have tossed the idea around at times but it has never come about due to concerns and issues with getting people on vent etc.  It wouldn't be fair for BFM players to be on vent communicating and the guest team not - but there are many issues to allowing guests on BFM vent for one scrim.   Having the ability to join us on vent takes a long time as  you know, so there would be some issues with suddenly letting some on just for something like this.  If we brought guests on who aren't PR's then it sort of isn't fair to those that have applied and been earning their way on.  Plus its a lot of work setting such a thing up.

However, like I said, this is an idea that has been tossed around and in fact we are currently looking at something of the kind for in the future.  Not sure if it will happen, but we will be sure to give details if/when we have anything to give  :)

Offline Escorpion

• Junior Poster
Re: more to race
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 05:07:05 PM »
man I had not thought of vent lol, you make a good point though, and I'm sure it does take a lot of time setting something like this.

well I hope that something like this does happen, it would surely be a fresh thing to look forward to at least in my opinion :)
thanks for replying, Wic.

Print